Hilary Swank

I REGRET Attending Party

for Alleged Murdering Warlord

10/13/2011 5:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hilary Swank
Hilary Swank
says she probably should have said "no" ... when she was invited to a birthday party for the President of Chechnya last week ... saying she had no idea he's been accused of torturing and killing a bunch of people.

Swank -- along with Jean Claude Van Damme and others -- attended a concert in Chechnya for president Ramzan Kadyrov on Oct. 5 ... and immediately came under fire from human rights groups.

Now, Swank has issued a statement ... saying, "I deeply regret attending this event. If I had a full understanding of what this event was apparently intended to be, I would never have gone."

Swank says at the time she accepted the invitation to the concert ... she had no idea the event was intended to honor Kadyrov.

FYI -- Kadyrov has been accused of torturing and murdering a BUNCH of his political rivals, though Kadyrov says it's all BS ... made up by his enemies to discredit him.

UPDATE: Swank gave a speech at the event ... and even said, HAPPY BIRTHDAY" to the President. When someone on stage asked how Hilary knew about Kadyrov's birthday, she replied, "I read ... I do my research."

sparced

haha... totally got caught in a lie

andy

I think that she really means, that she's sorry that we all noticed!!!!!!
GOOD GRIEF . . .

Bubble

Looks like she does not READ and FOLLOW the NEWS around the World. There is a World beyond HOLLYWOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

seaside

This is why the stupid Hollywood elite should shut up about anything to do with the world or their opinion on politics and just read the damn lines the screenwriters write for them.

bea

there are a bunch of places that celebrities should know somethings about before traveling. When I hear chechyna I think of war and genocide. I would have been asking who this guy was. Syria? same thing. North Korea? same thing. Sudan? same thing. I think I made my point. she must be really stupid and her manager must be really lazy.

bea

RD

You have to love s***bags who, take the money and then when they are exposed, express deep sorrow. We believe you, Hillary, as much as we believe the lowlife politicians and their lies.

LI_Mom

I'm a little confused - why are Hilary Swank & Jean Claude Van Damme invited to a "concert?"

They aren't singers or musicians.

There's got to be more to this story regarding what they were invited to & for.

Ray

Celebrities Suck: but in this country you can go around and post names of people you think gave someone else herpes... your a tool also.PS I really hope your fight for human rights is strong, as in...not ever buy anything made in CHINA,as there record on human rights is not exactly stellar.Its one thing to take money from them, but if your really a stand-up person you certainly wouldn't give them money..would you?

us-designs.com

Two washed up actors attended a party...yawn!

carey snyder

Hiliary, I have always liked you. Now it must be said, you can't be the smartest and dumbest person (using that term lightly) at the same time? You just lost my vote. Thank goodness Chad and the Lowe families got away from you. That is disgusting. Those people held innocent people in a movie theatre for hours with no food and no bathrooms. Now I am thinking, if the Chechens really wanted to torture them, show them one of Hilary's movies. Uuuuggghhh. You disgust me, now.

Loise Chatelain

Bull**** she didn't know. I bet she cashed that big ass check she got for her appearance. She has people to do her research. She knew full well what she was doing.

raven

Read this story on another site, this woman is a BIG LIAR. According to the human rights group, upon learning that Hillary was invited, they called her people and advised them what kind of person Kadyrov was, Hillary or rep then told the group they were indeed invited but will not attend. But then there she was at the birthday party.

sheenfool

You are a serious idiot Hilary Swank, what a dolt.

realitychecker

Jesus, Hillary, what won't you do for a paycheck? Seriously.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments