Rapper Rick Ross

Unconscious After Seizure

CPR Being Performed [UPDATED]

10/14/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_getty
Rick Ross is unconscious and paramedics are desperately trying to resuscitate him.

Rick was on a flight going from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, when the rapper lost consciousness.  The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.

1014_airport_tmz
Emergency workers tell us the call came in at 12:55 PM ET ... the caller reported a seizure.

Ross is currently on a gurney at the airport.  Members of Rick's entourage are standing by, some of them extremely emotionally upset.

update_bar
4:54 PM PST: Rick Ross just suffered another seizure on his private jet -- his second in one day.

11:54 AM PST: Rick Ross -- who's still in the hospital -- is telling people he still plans to perform tonight in Memphis at FedExForum.

11:05 AM PST:
It appears Rick Ross is now tweeting, claiming he is okay.

10:57 AM PST: Ross was transported to a nearby hospital.

A family member tells TMZ, Rick is currently under close supervision and is doing fine. We're told drugs and alcohol were not involved.

10:50 AM PST: Rapper Wale -- one of Rick's closest friends -- just tweeted, "I just talked to Ross...he's 100 pct ok.." Another member of Rick's entourage DJ Sam Sneaker also says the rapper is okay.

10:36 AM PST: A witness tells TMZ, Rick fell unconscious right after take-off.

We're told his entourage jumped out of their seats to alert plane personnel -- at which point a doctor on board administered CPR on the rapper.

The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Story developing
...

1014_rick_ross_footer

Diamond

I love u Rose'

Ken

Lose the weight, DUDE! And get a private bus. Prince, Aretha Franklin, and a whole lot of performers many of whom are greater and wealthier than you use buses. Lose the excess weight, start eating healthily, exercise and live clean... DUDE

Drake

Rick Ross i day your back , we love you

emrald green

im so prouud my honey is good !

Wise

I am praying for you.Im sorry about what happen.God bless you.

tyson

to much kfc.. it cost to be the baws

tunchi30

damn rozay need to slow down an cool out

John

confirmed, Rick Ross died http://healthmad.com/children/rick-ross-dies-from-seizure-at-35/

INeedFacebookFriends.com

Mo Money, Mo Seizures! DJ give me a beat!

vanessa

We love you Rick Ross, all of our prayers are with you. ( austin martin music is number 1 in our book. Keep your heads up

Morgan Rouse

I hope hes allgood prayers and thoughts for him hes a good man Get Well Soon Rick you can pull through!!

Dillon

I got a whopper in the car..

I got a whopper in the car..

I got a whopper in the car..

D Rant

Next time fly coach cheap ******.

Sweety

I pray that he pulls thru....Rick Ross NOT 2 b funny...U need 2 lose a few pounds babyy...This happened 2 a person I kknew (R.I.P Lunchbox)........We can't b hearing any more bad newss....U r strong enuff we'll c u on the stage in a few...Love ya'

nicole

to some of the dumb ass people on here you dont have seizures cause you're fat he's fat sure enough like a lot of people in the world im sure you have some in your family and you wouldnt want anybody to say thinga bout yours like that and to end this stop being a hater.