Rapper Rick Ross

Unconscious After Seizure

CPR Being Performed [UPDATED]

10/14/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_getty
Rick Ross is unconscious and paramedics are desperately trying to resuscitate him.

Rick was on a flight going from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, when the rapper lost consciousness.  The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.

1014_airport_tmz
Emergency workers tell us the call came in at 12:55 PM ET ... the caller reported a seizure.

Ross is currently on a gurney at the airport.  Members of Rick's entourage are standing by, some of them extremely emotionally upset.

update_bar
4:54 PM PST: Rick Ross just suffered another seizure on his private jet -- his second in one day.

11:54 AM PST: Rick Ross -- who's still in the hospital -- is telling people he still plans to perform tonight in Memphis at FedExForum.

11:05 AM PST:
It appears Rick Ross is now tweeting, claiming he is okay.

10:57 AM PST: Ross was transported to a nearby hospital.

A family member tells TMZ, Rick is currently under close supervision and is doing fine. We're told drugs and alcohol were not involved.

10:50 AM PST: Rapper Wale -- one of Rick's closest friends -- just tweeted, "I just talked to Ross...he's 100 pct ok.." Another member of Rick's entourage DJ Sam Sneaker also says the rapper is okay.

10:36 AM PST: A witness tells TMZ, Rick fell unconscious right after take-off.

We're told his entourage jumped out of their seats to alert plane personnel -- at which point a doctor on board administered CPR on the rapper.

The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Story developing
...

1014_rick_ross_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16

Tatsuya

rick ross im praying for u to get better and be able to still perform regularly like u use to do i honor your music and my 3 yr old do to. i hope everything thats going on with u is ok god is good remember that so now i pray. god can u please give rick ross the strength to get better and be able to see his family and his kids if he have any and be able to be here for his fans let him get through the ups and downs the laughs and cries the pain and pleasure he is a strong man and he deserves it in jesus name i pray amen.

Lakisha Randall

rick Please take care of yo self!1 do wut ever it takes! mind your doctors and your health! its only 1 you!1 so please for Me!

MARIA

come on BOSS TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF BABY dont fade out on me THE INDUSTRY NEEDZ YOU!!!

raysheen banks

had fun and enjoyed this website

Jeffrey pellet

I was the passenger who assisted Mr. Ross with his medical emergency. I am not a doctor nor hold any medical certifications. I am a former fireman and (ex- EMT) I simply acted as any responsible person would in an effort to help his fellow man. I was deeply saddened to learn that he suffered a 2nd medical condition later that day. At no time did Mr. Ross suffer cardiac arrest, nor was there a need for CPR he was very fortunate to be so close to proper medical attention just after 9 min of flight.

I wish him God Speed, a speedy recovery and continued good health.

Leather Face

Big fat *****, wit a clogged up heart/
sauce on the food, bitch I got a pizza shop/

james moore

whats good uncle rick you allright you good fam call me when ever you have time

james moore

whats good uncle rick you allright you good fam call me when ever you have time

tovia

my poor baby omg god plz look over him in his everyday life :(

gregory

whats rong with rick ross is somthing rong with you people just becuse his no afence rick ross chubby that dos not matter pepole ned to understand that!!!!!his cool

franklin