Rapper Rick Ross

Unconscious After Seizure

CPR Being Performed [UPDATED]

10/14/2011 10:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1014_rick_ross_ex_getty
Rick Ross is unconscious and paramedics are desperately trying to resuscitate him.

Rick was on a flight going from Ft. Lauderdale to Memphis today, when the rapper lost consciousness.  The plane was forced to make an emergency landing.

1014_airport_tmz
Emergency workers tell us the call came in at 12:55 PM ET ... the caller reported a seizure.

Ross is currently on a gurney at the airport.  Members of Rick's entourage are standing by, some of them extremely emotionally upset.

update_bar
4:54 PM PST: Rick Ross just suffered another seizure on his private jet -- his second in one day.

11:54 AM PST: Rick Ross -- who's still in the hospital -- is telling people he still plans to perform tonight in Memphis at FedExForum.

11:05 AM PST:
It appears Rick Ross is now tweeting, claiming he is okay.

10:57 AM PST: Ross was transported to a nearby hospital.

A family member tells TMZ, Rick is currently under close supervision and is doing fine. We're told drugs and alcohol were not involved.

10:50 AM PST: Rapper Wale -- one of Rick's closest friends -- just tweeted, "I just talked to Ross...he's 100 pct ok.." Another member of Rick's entourage DJ Sam Sneaker also says the rapper is okay.

10:36 AM PST: A witness tells TMZ, Rick fell unconscious right after take-off.

We're told his entourage jumped out of their seats to alert plane personnel -- at which point a doctor on board administered CPR on the rapper.

The plane made an emergency landing right away -- and we're told, as Rick was being wheeled off the aircraft, he appeared to show signs of life.

Story developing
...

1014_rick_ross_footer

alexandra

i love you and im glad you ok!!!!! god is god ur not ready u got a whole lot of music to bring out

ANNE

2 words BRAH..... SALAD BAR

Jay

Rozay is fake as **** and I wish MMG would end so Meek Wale and Pill can **** wit some real *****s. But Even tho I Dislike Ross I hop dat ***** live

MRilivtht

imm boss lik my ****** rozayyyyyyyyyyyyy

he liv tht

fi died today it wolud be holdiay huh liv tht

AL

TO MANY PURPLE FLOWERS HUH...

lina

IM PRAYIN FOR U BABY SHOWING SOME NEW ORLEANS LOVE

Atl Shawty

These rappers need to be more concious of the messages they send out. God is real. "God forgives, I dont" is his anticipated new album. Today God has showed you he is real and that we all are suppose to be forgiving. The tongue is a mighty thing. I am happy he is doing well but take this time a do a little reflecting. Record deals dont make you invincible.

Kasia

All you hating ass bitches talking **** about my man, when he got more money than yall can count. hop off his ****! .... get well baby, i love you <3

Gina V. New Orleans

Man, I take 4000mg of Keppra for my seizures. Stop talking bad!! Watching someone have a seizure, will take down the strongest man, you are helpless!! When I come too, my family or friends are crying. So I hope Rick is ok!!

Wale

@Julian cedrone and the rest of you rude and heartless ********. Damn shame that people can talk about people when then sick or unconcious, dead or whatever and the way ya'll talk sooooo reckless about any human that has had a life threating experience. Until you have been in that situation ya'll need to gain a heart! SMH....

michael

just got off the phone with him..he is still coming to memphis..

Jeanette Moore

Thank God he is okay Get well and take care of yourself...Don't try and do to much take it easy we want you safe :)

Ken

instead of trying to clown him yal need to pray for that man yo

Janae

lets not forget this is a HUMAN BEING! being fat does not cause seizures STAY IN/ GO TO school ! some of you are just rude to say he deserved to die! really ?

kiesha

**** whoever has something to say about rozay that just shows how immature you guys are grow up everyone has someone fat in they family ****in losers keep hating he countin money ya'll aint never seen trust. I hate ppl thats alway*****ing erk my nerves