Mel Gibson, Oksana Grigorieva

Settlement Hits a Roadblock

10/17/2011 9:42 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1017_mel_oksana_EX_01
Oksana Grigorieva just made a beeline for family court after her settlement with Mel Gibson hit a snag ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, Oksana and Mel struck a deal in which Oksana would walk away with $750,000, the house she's living in, and some other stuff. In return, she'll leave Mel alone.  They also agreed to 50/50 custody of Lucia.

The settlement agreement is scheduled to go before the family court judge tomorrow for final approval, but we're told the lawyers are still fighting over how it's worded and they've reached a stalemate.

Our sources say Mel's lawyers asked the judge for more time so they can hash it out, but Oksana showed up to court this morning to fight the request ... because she wants the deal done STAT.

Judge Scott Gordon gave Mel and Oksana an extension to sort out their differences -- but only until November 1st ... less time than Mel's people were hoping for.

2idiots

Cujeaux: 3 minutes ago
I was raised catholic so I'm aware of 'the 7 Deadly Sins' as well as the commandments. Let's start with the first commandment shall we?
"Thou shalt not have any Gods before me."
heh heh heh
-------
AHAHAH! I believe 2 is Thou shall not take the name of the Lord in vain (MG should listen to those tapes - i think he said GD a few times)

My fav is # 4 Honor your father and mother (does that mean build one a church and set-up a foundation for the other to use a tax shelter)

Cujeaux

2I's: I think we have made some valid points today as the flock has scattered rather quickly. ciao for now.

2idiots

Cuj,

I'll see ya later. Have a few things to do myself. they sure do scatter like crows dont they??

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

*rolling eyes*

little aussie reader

“They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips.” Romans 1:29

It would seem gossip isn't looked upon too highly either. Better get yourself to confession Cuckoo - you have some 'splaining to do.

Sincerity

Hello Everyone!!!

As long as the Gibson's private foundation (AP Reilly) is being managed according to local, state and federal laws -- it's really a "NON-ISSUE". If I'm not mistaken, being a "non-profit", "charitable" foundation, it would be considered a separate entity external to the estates of both Mr. and Mrs. Gibson. Truthfully, if there was something not very "kosher" about how it's being run, the IRS would have been all over the Gibsons by now. They have recently been placing non-profit organizations, in general, under much more scrutiny because so many of them aren't being run according to their established "legal" charters. Since Ole Greedy is not entitled to receive any "communal" or "spousal" benefits from Mel Gibson's estate, what's the point in discussing AP Reilly??? There are separate trusts setup to handle the inheritance of their children including Lucia. Thanks to the current "global" economic downturn, the assets within these trusts probably aren't performing that well. Ole Greedy should just really leave Mel Gibson to his own devices so he can make more money. Lucia's trust is going to be much more dependent upon his "future" earning capabilities than his other children. After all, his other children will inherit directly from Mrs. Gibson and Lucia won't. It seems as if Ole Greedy has probably "botched up" her own child's inheritance as well. With a mother like this, WHO NEEDS ENEMIES!!!

Curious

2Idiots -
Hiya.
I've been following your argument. You make some very good points. I'm confused on one issue though, and I readily admit my ignorance. I'm not sure how the AP Reilly Foundation's trustee and tax-exempt status is any different from how the Catholic Church in the US is likewise a trust and tax exempt religious organization. The same can be said for Lutherens, Jews, Wicca, Baptist, etc. Essentially every recognized religious organization has both established trusts and tax exempt status.
Like all such 501 organizations, they are required to submit a yearly tax form and audit. Just because an organization may be tax exempt for their contributors does not mean they are not accountable to the IRS. They have to prove their non-profit status. Which means if they net over a certain per centage of income, they can lose their exemption status.
If anyone wants to, they can pay the fee and get the public records of AP Reilly's fiscal year filings.
Mr, Mel's church and its funding is no different under the law than any other religious organization. It's not allowed to be.
And if the Vatican can take full advantage of its tax shelter status, why can't other religious organization do the same?
The above reasoning is why I'm confused that you appear to think something untoward is going on. I fully sympathize with the idea of all that money being securely locked for the discretion of a few, the board of directors. Non-profit funds, like commercial ones, are not handled by just one person, there's the usual directors/committees that gnarl up the works for their own agenda.
Committees are the stupid leader's bane and the brilliant leader's salvation.

Roghto. Done babbling for the nonce.

Curious

Ms. Kelly & Maya -
Hiya :)!

I was thinking about Michelle's post regarding the Children of the Plain. A toy. A bit of weather appropriate clothing. Nonperishable food. Something to make a child believe in Santa, if only for a moment.

The spirit of Santa, the joy of giving, cuts across all cultural boundaries.

little aussie reader

Hiya Curious :o)

We do that every year through a charity called Samaritans Purse. They run a campaign called Operation Christmas Child and the idea is that you fill a shoebox with small gifts and they are sent to underpriveleged and impoverished children around the world. I get a kick out of imagining a child opening their shoebox at Christmas. You'd probably find something similar going in the states. It's a fun thing to do.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

there are several organizations that do similar here, gather gifts for the underprivileged through the hospitals and local charity group that feeds the poor. They collect thr the grocery stores, malls, etc.

little aussie reader

Hi Bunny :o)

I always feel better giving actual "things" than money and with the shoeboxes you buy gifts for a particular age and then write on the box - 3 year old girl, or 6 year old boy, or whatever. Then you stuff it full of fun things, sometimes sensible things too, like socks or underwear. Gives you the warm and fuzzies. :o)

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

warm fuzzies are good!

I would rather give actual things too. When I worked as an environmental consultant (oo there's one for ya 4idiots) we would pick the names of the families off a tree and then buy the gifts accordingly. The names would be on paper cut out 'bulbs' with pics of the kids. It was fun. For us. I bet it was half humiliatng for the older kids. Always felt so bad for them since they knew full well what was going on. :(

little aussie reader

They may have known what was going on and been grateful Sam. The parents must have felt guilty for not being able to provide and the older kids would probably pick up on that and be glad that they had something to show the other kids at Christmas time when all the kids are doing the, "I got X, what did you get?" thing. It's horrible for a kid to be left out.

Cujeaux

I'm trying to find out what Mel's church is doing for the children this year. So far I'm coming up empty. Does anybody know?

Cujeaux

little aussie reader: 5 hours ago

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Murder? What are we talking, vehicular homicide? Is this directed towards me or Giblitz? Envious of who? Isn't this a bit of a stretch, even for you reader?

The malice strife and deceit does harken me back to when I happened upon the flock having a feeding frenzy over Ox's supposed misdeeds. None of it could be looked upon as 'gossip' though right? Just pure facts.

This is the height of hyp-flock-crisy!

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments