ABC News Anchor

'Comes Out' During

Report on Zach Quinto

10/17/2011 4:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

101711_anchor_still

An "ABC World News Now" reporter had a "coming out" moment on live TV this morning ... revealing his sexuality ... during a report about Zachary Quinto

With the words, "Spock Is Out" written across the screen, anchor Dan Kloeffler cracked a joke about wanting to date the "Star Trek" actor ... the first time he ever revealed his sexual orientation in public.

The newsman blogged later, "I've never shared that I'm gay on air, even though I've been out to my family ... but for the same reason that Zach decided to come out, I too, no longer wanted to hide that part of my life."

1018_out_footer

daRock

Even his co anchor found his revelation to be uncomfortable.... He's got job security now unless the TV station enjoys GLAAD up their ass!

RonBurgundy

Unbelievable.

A news Journalist takes it in the seat, and we should be shocked?

I'm more shocked he thinks people didn't already know.

His co-anchor wanted to look surprised, but she wasn't.

His parents must be soproud of him, being on the TV and all.

SantaFeJack

I am happy to see that gay teenager's death is resulting in some positive action by gay men in the public eye.

jeff

That probably flew over most peoples' heads.

Jim

I`m so tired of these queers wanting the world to know. The next news i want to hear from you is that you bought a stool and some rope.

dd

so another degenerate celebrates his peverse abnormal behavior I sure his parents are proud .

Kriss

Aren't you "Christians" not supposed to judge...or did you miss that part of your brainwashing?

Chase

Get used to it breeders! We make more money, are better educated, set the trends for the WORLD.... Don't hate...appreciate!!

daRock

FYI, this broadcast was at 3am!!!! So it's very unlikely many people were watching him anyway.

paigehop

I'm absolutely convinced these f*dgep*ckers are desperate for attention. Insecurities, and understandable! So damn sick of it!

Hanging to da lef

When is Harvey coming out?

KenzieQ

WTH that was not exactly coming out..

Mel

Hey everyone! I'm straight! Oh wow I'm so glad I got that off my chest. Look, I could careless if he's gay. Is it some rule that if you're gay you must tell everyone in the world. Most people could careless about your sexuality so why make it some big dramatic unveiling. Just be yourself. I won't label you if you don't label yourself.

willie1

Okay I'm convinced that every male in the entertainment,
Tv/hollywood are gay and just waiting for there turn to make that heroic moment in the stoplight to proclaim there sexuality. I am soooo tired of the coming outs. I'm waiting for the straights to act gay because it's more fashionable. PLease go back in the closet because I miss what a real man represents...not flippin limp wrist and body shaving weirdo's.

WhyYouAsk