Shia LaBeouf

Allegedly Threatened

to Pull Knife after Brawl

10/20/2011 1:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

shia labeouf vancouverThe man who tried to calm down Shia LaBeouf moments after the beatdown in Vancouver last week tells TMZ ... the actor threatened to pull a knife on him in the wake of the fight ... but he never actually flashed a blade.

TMZ spoke with Shea Carter ... the man who restrained Shia after the fight ... who tells us he noticed the actor inside the Cinema Public House bar BEFORE the melee. Carter says LaBeouf had been drunkenly swaying into several patrons ... including one man who calmly warned Shia, "Hey man, watch out."

Carter says Shia replied, "Oh yea? Or what? What are you going to do about it?"  That's when the two decided to take things outside ... and the guy beat Shia down to the ground.

Afterward, Carter -- a local hip hop artist and  bar regular -- tried to stop Shia from getting back inside, but LaBeouf got aggressive, spouting, "Well what if I grabbed my knife on you?"

Carter says he quickly grabbed Shia in an effort to protect himself in case the knife threat was serious.

Carter says the actor eventually walked away ... so he went back inside the bar. But moments later, Carter says, Shia appeared outside a window and made a throat-slashing gesture at him ... before leaving for the night.

TMZ placed multiple calls to Shia's rep for comment -- no word back.

Elijah

Nothing better than an old-fashioned celebrity beat down. Too bad it could't have been Alec Baldwin.

renae

What's wrong with this guy? Seriously. I don't get it. Does he have an alcohol problem?

James R. - Los Angeles

I can't wait to hear that this idiot was found dead outside the Viper Room.

Keep going, punk-azz. You're on a roll!

Buckaroobonzai

Sounds like a cry for help or something. Folks, these are some serious mental issues!

makeitstop

meet your next Celebrity Rehab contestant

Lilly Pad

Here's a thought,...maybe Shia and Lindsay Lohan should date, they are both on distructive courses in life.The egos far outweigh the talent

Logan R

Shia's lucky the fella that beat him down wasn't a member of the Triad, his night would have been significantly shorter. I wonder if Shia was yelling, "BEE, BEE" the whole time?

Fan

Another actor I liked is now an actor I will boycott.

Their real inner self is always revealed late at night at a bar or at a club.

Funny thing, all the stars turn out to be losers.

Teacher's Pet

He needs to grow up.

Teacher's Pet

This guy needs to grow up.

KP

Punk...i wonder if he will be as ****y on all the talk shows now...this losers's done!

ken

You know after seeing this I feel sorry for Shia. Apparently, he is very drunk and very vulnerable and even though he might be a jerk or worse there is a part of me that feels bad for him and I hate to see anyone defenseless like that. I hope he is safe and I hope his friends do a better job keeping keep him out of harm. Also, I hope Shia learns from this brutal attack and will keep himself out of harms way. Just so very sad to see him being knocked down and punch and you can tell he is not able to defend himself...just so very sad to watch

Cinner

Does this PissAnt think Bumble Bee or Optimus Prime is going to come and help him??? Seems to me he needs to get his ass busted. I think he thinks he is more important than the second rate actor (not) he thinks he is!!!

Billy

Let's please show this video over and over and keep it at the top of the page so the douche-man can see himself getting his a$s kicked over and over again to remind himself that being a punk a$s ends in sorrow, defeat and humility. You know this d-bag watches this site and gets all upset when people say how much they don't like him. He's probably even posting on here under an assumed name saying how great douche-man is.

Justine07

God I could never work in a bar - there is nothing more pathetic than drunk people! Acting like completely ridiculous morons while truly believing that they're having serious and important conversations. I'm sure Shia woke up the next morning full of embarrassment and wondering where the bruises came from. Good times!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments