Dina Lohan Sells Lindsay

Down the River

in Planned Memoir

10/21/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1020-dina-book-ex2
Lindsay Lohan's mom is trying to expose her own daughter's dark secrets, blowing the lid off of Lindsay's alleged drug and alcohol use in a memoir that she's shopping around town -- shopping it as recently as 2 weeks ago -- as Lindsay was looking down the barrel of a hostile judge and a jail sentence.

TMZ has obtained the draft of a prologue for Dina Lohan's memoir, which Dina's rep is shopping to people in the literary world.  In the prologue, Dina writes:

"I blamed her friends, her career and her handlers for an (sic) newfound lifestyle of partying excessively.  Drinking, drugging and behaving irresponsibly became Lindsay's way of daily living--and it tore me up inside."

Dina explains why she moved Lindsay from New York to L.A. at such a young age:

"How could I deny my daughter the chance of a lifetime?  How could I hold Lindsay back from her dream of becoming an actress?  So, I listened to others and sent my daughter to Hollywood with a few pieces of luggage and a chaperone."

When Lindsay began acting crazy, accumulating mugshots and what not, Dina says she was helpless, claiming she couldn't demand that Lindsay return to New York.  Dina also confesses she was conflicted since she was both Lindsay's parent and manager.

Dina and her rep were soliciting meetings via email two weeks ago, to brainstorm how to make her book "a best seller."

Our sources say a ghost writer actually wrote the prologue after long sit-downs with Dina and her rep, and both were solidly on board.

As far as we know ... so far, no takers.

DELONA

Conflicted my *ss you are a mother first than a mgr..She is partly to blame for all her trouble.

Wishbone

This idiot and Lindsay's father (the other idiot) stopped looking at her as their child when she started making money. From that moment on she was their pay cheque. Be nice if Lindsay actually had a support system. Yes...she's ****** up many times(and will probably continue to until something awful happens) but I couldn't imagine not having AT LEAST my parents to set me straight. They are useless, disgusting people...

sergio

I ******* hate this woman. Worst mother ever. Exploit your little girl and drive her into drug addiction and public humiliation and then twist the knife in her by this stunt. What a ******* ****.

katela

Put this pimp mom on an island with pimp mom Kris Jenner and lets see who wins. Then let them and their daughters disappear. We've had enough of all of them.

leslie holliday

just how many yrs has lindsay supported dina and her whole family. it should have been the other way around.wasn't it dina who went to clubs with lindsay??
maybe lindsay wants to go to jail to get away from the same insanity she is experienced. i hope the book is never sold?

sabrina

and people wonder why she is so messed up, Dina can go to hell

Ghoster

What a tnuc!

Gwendolyn

she's not interesting enough for someone to pay for a book. we see it for free already on the tv and internet. and it's a broken record jail probation break the law again court jail probation blah blah nobody will buy the book. I wouldn't. she's not even famous. when's the last movie she did? we wouldn't even think about her anymore if she wasn't arrested and the news didn't report it. she's a boring spoiled brat. where is she getting her money I wonder when she hasn't worked in years.it's a mystery why anyone cares. sick of seeing her face.

tricks are for kids

I think Dina and Lindsay both planned on writing a book anyway, they needed a way to make money. Dina is seeing that Lindsay isn't bringing back enough money anymore.

Firefly

The only way I can figure that Lindsay is making money is by residuals from her past films. I don't even want to think of the other ways she may be making it.

truth and mercy

Dina's book should be titled " WHY DON'T MY PARENTS LOVE ME"? by Lindsay, the child of sick, selfish, dysfunctional alcoholics! Dina and Michael should be doing time right along side Lindsay! I support and pray for Lindsay's well being and recovery , the only way she will ever be able to heal her SELF ABUSE is to totally stop all contact with her non recovered, denial loving , self absorbed, money hungry ,narcissistic parents! JOE JACKSON clones HOW DISTURBING!

Anon

Los Angeles, I beg of you. Is there such a thing as shunning? Can you shun Dina Lohan? Just no one talk to her, no one do business with her, bad service, etc.? This woman is the worst mother, enables her very messed up daughter, is trying to do the same to her younger daughter and Los Angeles should proactively turn against her. A book? Really? Stop talking or dealing with this woman and make her want to leave. Then put Lindsay in jail for a year with another year in rehab to follow.

Dennis Johnson

Pure white trash still trying to make money off her daughter.The mother and father are pure s*** of the lowest level,why do you people keep giving them ink.Both of the POS!

e33

Ugly skank. Her nose is huge!

patty

What a money hungry loser! Like mother like daughter. They must be smoking from the same crack pipe!

She should be ashamed of herself....