Charlie Sheen

'Extremely Disappointed' with

the New 'Two and a Half Men'

10/21/2011 10:28 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

102111_charlie_sheen_still

Charlie Sheen has once again turned on "Two and a Half Men" .... saying he's now "extremely disappointed" with the way producers are "handling what I left behind."

Sheen was out in L.A. yesterday ... when a photog asked if Charlie could explain why "Men" was slipping in the ratings from the show's explosive debut.

Charlie -- who recently said he "loved" the first episode of the Ashton Kutcher era --  explained, "People aren't stupid ... not all of them."

FYI -- "Men" is still high atop the ratings ... in fact, this week's episode is UP one-and-a-half rating points from the episode that ran exactly one year ago.

Jeff

I'm with Charlie. 1st episode was ok, but after the 2nd, I can'*****ch it anymore. That dumb act that Kutcher can't help but play got old by the end of That 70's Show, and it sure doesn't fly in 2.5 men. Sorry Ashton, but you're no saviour.

Katz

The show stinks, Ashton stinks. Shut the show down and move on!

Arturro

I used to love Two and a Half Men , but no it sucks a bit.. Dont get me wrong Im a geek owning a advertising agency , so I should love it.. but it suck balls !! Get Charlie Back !!

bored

you're not the only one Charlie, watched 1 episode and I'm like WTF?

Heidi

I agree with Charlie on this one..... I was always an avid fan of the show in prior years.... Watched a couple episodes of this & it doesn't compare..... Even though CBS has said they won't pull it should the ratings drop, my prediction is that it's not going to hang on more than another 6 months....... It's a different show........

J Live

I liked the Ashton Kucher decision and had high hopes. That said, it just isn't good anymore. The storyline with Kucher and his wife is nauseating and Cryer now dominating each episode just doesn't work. And Jake is too old to be "cute funny." I don't see more than another season unless they can somehow turn this into a "dream" and bring back Charlie. Even Burta is dull...the entire dynamic is shot.

SantaFeJack

I've watched a couple of episodes, but having three stupid leads just doesn't cut it for me. And that hippy-dippy I'm a dumb billionaire act of Ashton's is just TOO stupid to watch.

sharborg1

Charlie Sheen was responsible for carrying 80%-90% of the show. He has impeccable comedic skills/timing which made Chuck Lorre's mediocre scripts very funny. Now that he's gone, they've expanded the roles of Jake and the housekeeper, who are decent actors in VERY SMALL doses. Jon Cryer is trying his best, but he's not good enough to make Ashton funny - I don't think anybody is. No disrespect to Ashton, he just doesn't have the comedic chops to replace Charlie. He's good looking with a rockin' body and can handle RomComs. Ego, anger and vitriol blinded Chuck Lorre so much that he thought removing Charlie Sheen from the equation and the skill of his writing team were good enough to ensure continued success of Two and a Half Men. MONUMENTAL FAIL!!!

Ronni

Charlie, your 15 mins are up. Now STFU and get lost.

jane

Please. Whoever wrote this article better go to tvbythenumbers.com. This program IS NOT UP IN NUMBERS. IT IS DOWN AND it is even pointed out on the site that tracks all programming. The show sucks. No doubt about it. I just continue to watch the reruns and laugh outloud

bubbahubba

I have to agree with Charlie. The show is just plain bad now. Did they fire all the writers who wrote the funny scripts the same day they fired Charlie? Talk about over working a laugh track. Kutcher is about as funny as a grisly car crash. I say last season for this dog.

tgrfan42069

show seems fine to me

DONNA

Two and half men is one of the few shows my husband and I both watch. I am normally more of an Ashton fan than Charlie and loved the first new show. Have to agree with Charlie though, not as good after that. I have continued to watch hoping will be able to get into it, but my husband prefers to watch reruns to the new show.

Seriously?

Please tell us that the funeral was just someone's bad dream...and bring Charlie back. At least the show was funny then. If they truly wanted to go on without Charlie, then they should have let Alan inherit the house but have to bring in roommates to help pay for it. They could have rotated guest stars/roommates in and out that way and kept the core funny group - Alan, Jake, Berta, Rose & Mom/Evelyn - together and it probably could have been much better than it is now.

Sherms

No Charlie Waffles = No show. I only watch the re-runs now, and still laugh my butt off.