'King of Infomercials' Don Lapre

Mysterious 911 Call

There's a 'Lot of Blood'

10/23/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1020_don_lapre_911
TMZ has obtained the chilling 911 call placed moments after jail guards discovered the lifeless body of "King of Infomercials" Don Lapre -- and according to the caller, there was lots of blood.

As we previously reported, jail officials believe Lapre -- who had been jailed recently in a massive drug fraud case -- slit his own throat with a razor blade inside his cell.

His mother blames jail officials for taking away her son's medication.

V Kint

Kids, see what can happen when you don't take your vitamins?!

tlcmk

Every TV station that played his ads should be convicted as an accessory and shut down.

Cheryl A.

Mom, I know you are hurting. I can't imagine losing a child. However, your son was a s- h - ! - t .

Kari

I'm sorry she lost her son, but she has to remember his actions landed him in jail. He took advantage of a lot of people. Nobody else is to blame for the outcome.

Ray

win, win

Hobie

Wait? Jails call 911?....don't they employ all the 911 types there?

loe

Yes he did something wrong. Putting him in jail is already a punishment... i dont think his medicine should be taken away though if he was really sick.. He doesnt deserve to die because he could have been better person after jail time. Jail is not to segregate to evils and "goods" it is for people who need to rethink their actions so they wont do it again. I dont think jail is a way to solve problems so this was really another case of showing I am right.

Bubbles The Chimp

More razorblades should be supplied to insane criminals who are alone in a jail cell. It would cure over-crowding.

Machelle

If they took his
medication away and it
was for depression, she
should sue the crap out
of them!

KnuckleDragger

Good chance for some guy to start an infomercial for the sharpest razor you can buy! I see in my mind's eye ol' Don Lapre standing there in his cell, razor to his throat...and using his famous lead-in line, "What if...."

Douche bag!

JimmyB

Don--If you can hear me: Thanks for saving the taxpayers all that money. You took enough.

Patti Coppola

Don was a very kind and loving human being. They knew he was suicidal. Why did they take his medication away and why weren't they watching him. My heart goes out to his family

Rob

You too could make a million dollars by placing these tiny little ads you put in newspapers, say your prayers and take your vitamins..

Strokadellic

Ok, I mean this in the nicest way possible:
F*CK Don Lapre.

Zell

Maybe he should've taken the Greatest Vitamin in the world for his medication.