Casey Anthony

NBC Finds Clever Way

Around Paying for Interview

10/24/2011 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1021_casey_book_money_ex_2

The honchos at NBC -- the C stands for crafty -- think they figured out a way to snag an interview with Casey Anthony without paying a red cent, and make her a wealthy woman at the same time.

We've learned an NBC news producer has reached out to people in the literary world, trying to score a book deal for Anthony. The producer has contacted literary agents and others, telling them if he scored a book deal for Casey, she'd give the network a 1-hour, primetime special ... portions of which would also run on "Today."

The producer makes it clear -- NBC couldn't pay a cent for the interview.  But he is gung-ho about the book deal, even representing that Casey wants up front money.

Jose Baez, Casey's lawyer, tells TMZ ... he has full knowledge of the producer's efforts, but says, "I'm not involved in that process. I did not entice him to do it."

Baez was quick to add, "Casey is not ready to do an interview."

We tried multiple times to get a comment from NBC -- so far, no luck.

1024_casey_anthony_incognito_footer

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14

Nancy

What a NERVE. NEVER! NEVER! NEVER

lsm

Why would I read a book of lies or watch a interview with lies we all know the truth of what happened to that poor child.

tina

If NBC does anything to get a interview, or tries to do a book deal on the slide. i'm done watching NBC. Let Matt Lauer get the goods.

a.l

Hot enough to get away with murder.

dennis

Iwould rather donate money for a new prosecutor regarding casey anthony and forget playboy

OctoJihadi

I would pay good money for a book that was filled with pictures of this b*tch being set on fire.

Abderia

NBC -- I think you are seriously underestimating the backlash factor on this. I don't comment very often, but the thought of this woman being monetarily rewarded for killing her child is revolting to me. My favorite show is broadcast by NBC and since losing my job, I watch the Today show nearly every morning - and I will not have any issue with giving both of those up if a deal is made to interview, and subsequently reward Casey Anthony in any way, shape, or form.

RealityOfAMurderer

If Casey Anthony speaks, she will tell more lies and she will stir up even more feelings of hatred towards her. If she tells the truth, imagine what will happen then...

Mich4141

Casey who? Oh yea, that chick who thinks we give a crap about HER!!! No, it was all about CAYLEE, not you! Go eat another doughnut you pig!

Lauren

Why would ANYONE want to read a book written by that LIAR Casey Marie Anthony, AKA: MONSTER of the Year. She adds a whole new dimension to the phrase murdering pathelogical LIAR. As for that "JURY", all they did was take sides with a murderer...they did not care about the victim, little Caylee Marie Anthony.

Cindy

You are sick people that have no heart or a soul to pay BLOOD MONEY to Shank. You will go to hellalong with her!!

Momma Meg

Casey Anthony may have been found guilty but that doesn't mean she is innocent. There are people found innocent who aren't as well as people found guilty who are innocent. Our justice system has flaws and doesn't work properly in 100% of cases. With that being said I don't think she maliciously killed her own child however I don't think it was an accident. Casey Anthony is guilty of child negligence resulting in death. Had she been watching her daughter she never would have drowned in that pool

Joseffa

That sounds like a fair deal to me, both get something of value here. kühlschränke

Previous 15 Comments | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14