Casey Anthony

NBC Finds Clever Way

Around Paying for Interview

10/24/2011 7:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1021_casey_book_money_ex_2

The honchos at NBC -- the C stands for crafty -- think they figured out a way to snag an interview with Casey Anthony without paying a red cent, and make her a wealthy woman at the same time.

We've learned an NBC news producer has reached out to people in the literary world, trying to score a book deal for Anthony. The producer has contacted literary agents and others, telling them if he scored a book deal for Casey, she'd give the network a 1-hour, primetime special ... portions of which would also run on "Today."

The producer makes it clear -- NBC couldn't pay a cent for the interview.  But he is gung-ho about the book deal, even representing that Casey wants up front money.

Jose Baez, Casey's lawyer, tells TMZ ... he has full knowledge of the producer's efforts, but says, "I'm not involved in that process. I did not entice him to do it."

Baez was quick to add, "Casey is not ready to do an interview."

We tried multiple times to get a comment from NBC -- so far, no luck.

1024_casey_anthony_incognito_footer

nicole

Anything Casey related will be a total lie, so why even waste anyone's time?

Linda

They won't be so clever if their ratings plummit and no one buys the book, will they?
They paid her up front?
Wow....Even Cssey knows people don't want to read her lies.
Shame on anyone who will pay a baby murderer!

AreUCrazy

I know for a fact I will no*****ch. I don't care what she has to say on the interview. Either she will admit to doing it, which we all know already. Or she will say she didn't do it, which will be lies.

AreUCrazy

TMZ .. why was my comment about n o t w a t c h ****** out? NVM.. I guess part of it spells a part of a woman's anatomy.

Cheryl A.

I cam't imagine the hell I would be going through if I lost one of my children but this SKANK is running to the bank. I still say, we gotta hang the JURY on this one!

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

That she needs help getting a book deal suggests book deals aren't beating down her door.

Sloane

if I were innocent of something that the world was condeming me for....I'd be shouting from the rooftops and street corners to all who would listen to me so that I could explain what really happened ....
money would be the furthest thing from my mind!
...but then again....if it was me I'd have gone on the witness stand during the trial and shown the world right there and then that I had done nothing wrong.......that is unless like Casey, I had!!

GJ

I took time before a busy Monday workday to comment on this matter. IF NBC INTERVIEW CASEY ANTHONY, ME AND EVERYONE I KNOW WILL NEVER WATCH A SINGLE SHOW ON THEIR STATION AGAIN. MARK MY WORDS. I THINK NBC MY BE UNDERESTIMATING THE BACKLASH THEY WILL RECEIVE IF THEY CONTINUE TO MOVE FORWARD WITH THIS. NBC IS STRUGGLING IN RATINGS ALREADY, THEY SHOULD BE CAREFUL WHEN IT COMES TO THIS BABY KILLER. SHE IS A BABY KILLER AND A LIAR AND A S*** AND A DRAIN ON EVERYTHING SHE TOUCHES. ITS LIKE PLAYING WITH FIRE. NBC WILL GET BURNED.

Rogue Warrior

Hey pole lizards, you're too damn ugly to compete with the likeness of CA, so STFU and move on already. She was ACQUITTED by 12 jurors who are WAY more smarter than YOU!!!!!!!

BEVERLY

TO THE FOOL that write's how HOT Casey is,PLEASE,buy yourself a blow up DOLL,You sound like a LOSER,who cannot get a girl.and if the head contains any small amount of brain matter,NO ONE CARES HOW HOT CASEY IS,There is a DEAD CHILD that got left for the rats to eat YOU FIND THAT HOT.and for some reason you ALWAYS mention weight,so you must be a FAT NERD.ONE OF THE LOSER'S THAT CANNOT HELP WRITING HOW HOT SOMEONE IS BECAUSE THEY CANNOT GET ANYONE HOT.

barney

To all the commentors calling Casey Anthony a baby killer and saying she is quilty of killing her daughter.Are you so uneducated you do not understand what NOT QUILTY means.

She's baaaack

They should have asked me. What I answered would have been all fabricated lies also. There is a theory that she pimped that poor baby out and things went wrong. Wouldn't surpise me. I wonder if she'll mention that?

birdlady

first lie right out of BAEZ mouth. He is a pery to it he want to get her out in the public and into a plastic bag. he will be richer with a tell all book and the theif will be gone. sorry about your lie too NBBC, BLOOD HOUND

the real diva

casey should be in jail. not trying to get her so called story told. i for one will not be watching NBC.this is sick. that idiot should be behind bars.

BEVERLY

BARNEY----I am sure you brain is out to breakfast,lunch and dinner,for on both sides of juriesMhow many people have spent years in jail for a crime they did not commit.Only this time a crime was committed ,and the person set free.So DO NOT TELL ME I DO NOT HAVE A RIGHT TO CALL THE JURY WHAT THEY ARE,PATHIC,AND LIKE YOU,NO BRAIN POWER.Can you tell me what was done with Clayee,when not with her grandparents or not with Casey?YOUR SO SMART EXPLAIN