« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

'Basketball Wives' Star

Splits with L.A. Lakers Player

10/24/2011 1:52 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1024_matt_barnes_gloria_bn
The NBA offseason from hell just got worse for Los Angeles Lakers player Matt Barnes ... who just announced that he's officially broken up with his "Basketball Wives" baby mama Gloria Govan.

Barnes -- who has 2 children with Govan -- just released a statement saying, "We have reached the difficult decision of ending our relationship and will be going our separate ways at this time."

He adds, "We will work together to raise our sons and wish each other only the best."

Barnes and Govan have had some issues in the past -- including the time Matt was arrested on suspicion of domestic violence back in 2010 ... but prosecutors didn't press charges due to a lack of evidence.

0728_stars_whove_split_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Happy

All of those girls are a bunch of ghetto bunnies. They have no class whatsoever, they are rank and nasty old and haggerd looking. IE Jackie!

L.Boyd

I laughed my A** off when Gloria said at her twins christening that" I will be surprised if Matt doesn't look at me in my white dress and then look at the boys in their white suits and say Gloria let's do it now, let's get married".
Needless to say Matt apparently was only interested in the boys baptism, not her in her white dress. The very next episode their breaking up. I think Gloria gave Matt an ultimatum and her called her bluff. I'm glad Matt's not letting Gloria control his decision to propose.

Debi

YAY! Bout time you dumped that fugly classless no name biatch. Cant stand this chick. Miami wives STAND UP!!!!

vannessa

WELL WELL!! SHE GOT WHAT SHE DESERVED... Hell, I don't blame him, she's a nasty BOD her and her ugly sister, they act like there s!!!! dont smell... ahhhhhh :) good job Matt you deserve the better and big, wish you the best...

DNA3BN

Right on Matt!! She aint nothin but a gold diggin tramp who thinks she's a movie star now. She even said "I don't need him now, I got my own money." IF SHE WON'T STICK BY YOU DURING THE ROUGH TIMES, YOU DON'T NEED HER TRAMP AZZ.

Jessica

JessicaOctober 25, 2011 AT 4:57 PM

Basketwives LA: That Jackie Christy is a Psycho!! I was trying to give her the benefit of the doubt regarding the media's impression of her, but she's proving them RIGHT. I'm wondering is that for the show or is she really that crazy!! And Laura Govan needs to sat her BIG FAT ASS down and quit hating on Draya, nobody told her to get pregnant & humongous! Her problem with Draya is not her character because she has NO room to even put that out there, it's simply because Draya is pretty & has a nice body. While Laura looks like Herbie the Elephant's little sister with that man neck & beer belly! She & Gloria should stop being so judgmental because both of them are no more than a Baby Mama trying to get rich on their backs!! Laura needs to come up against someone little & fierce like Royce - hell she whipped Gloria's ass, I know she can take down Dumbo the Elephant Queen. If Draya would bob & weave until she tire that BIG BITCH out trip from behind & she land on her back that BIG BELLY will prevent her from getting up & Draya could kick her ass.

Jessica

JessicaOctober 25, 2011 AT 4:57 PM

Jessica

JessicaOctober 25, 2011 AT 4:57 PM

capa

AWWWWWWW whatever happened to lightskin love!!!

dd

HA HA HA!!!!

LeDon

Good for her she believed in true love and this wolf in sheep clothing stole that from her! Sheloved him even though he was a dog I used to like matt but hes changed since he came into the league and you can see it in his play he sucks now! I used to root for them bu*****ching this play out im happy shes free!

toni

what a bitch to leave a man when he's down. both of the Govan sisters are jumpoffs and deserve what karma has in store for them

horrie x

he should have know that she was a money hungy sank.but i think that he realiy love her and the kids. he should have took time to know her.but he was blindsited by the p---y i have been.

zhuo1005

Good-bye, Matt.

----------------------------------------------------------