Charlie Sheen

'Anger Management' Show

Picked Up by FX

10/27/2011 3:32 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1027_charlie_sheen_bn
Charlie Sheen's triumphant return to television will take place on cable ... because the FX Network just sealed a deal to run his new sitcom, "Anger Management."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, at least 3 cable networks bid on the show ... but FX emerged victorious.

The deal is what's known as a "10-90" -- if the first 10 "test" episodes do well, the network will order 90 more.

As TMZ first reported, Sheen will play the role of the therapist -- loosely based on Jack Nicholson's character in the movie "Anger Management."

nancy williams

if you have direct tv you won't get FX after Nov.1st.Leave it to Sheen to get on a network who is going to lose hundreds of thousands of viewers.P.S. I see his publicists are commenting on this site again.

nof

I sent one of the greatest television treatments of all-time to Mark Burg, Marty Singer - and "Brooke Mueller Productions" (Charlie) - but received it back and from everyone but Mark.

It's called "The Friday Group," is Guild-Registered, and it's a guaranteed smash.

Without Charlie behind it, I don't like my chances.

Though it still makes for a good novel, a good script - because the characters and situations are all there.

The "Anger Management" script and movie didn't exactly work for me - I thought it had cliche' and cardboard characters that don't ring true in this world.

Only Adam Sandler could make a script like that work - and of course Adam Sandler did -

Because it had some good laughs and moments between Sandler's character and the greatest of all-time, Sir Jack.

Charlie, to me, is the new Jack Nicholsen.

In a way, though, this sucks for my bid.

In that Charlie can take anything and make it work - a la
Adam Sandler.

I haven't given up hope -

Wild_Thing might still come out of the bullpen - and to say my behind.

nof

I meant to say that "Wild Thing" might still come out of the bull-pen:

And to SAVE my behind.

When you've been trained by two of the greatest developers of talent and script doctors of all -time (Frantisek Daniel, Samson Raphaelson) -

You can look anyone in the eye.

B

Look at all these hater*****ing. You said he was losing then he gets a 100 mil. Then you say no one will pick up the show and FX did. Now your hoping the show will flop? Guess again you were wrong the first 2 times. #winning

nof

If someone out there has a connect and to The Warlock, it's:

nofski41@yahoo.com

The whole thing is sketched out - been working on this for years -

Nof

Eve

I cannot believe there are viewers who want to see him on TV again.

nof

I'm responsible for somehow getting "The Friday Group" to Charlie -

Inserting myself into the "Anger Management" equation.

But it's on them if they don't heed me.

I can come up with it - I can show faith by writing it - I can show further faith by sending it around -

You put it into the Universe - and the Universe decides.

tellmeaboutit

Thanks for the warning, but I'll pass. We saw enough of Chuckles' anger management during his rant phase. And FX??? hmmmm.

nof

"If You Build It, They Will Come."

Kevin Costner

nof

"If You Don't Build It, They Still Might Come..."

"But They Won't Have Anywhere To Sit..."

Jerry Seinfeld

themillieblog

Meh! His past antics ruined it for me. Plus I cant stand people who publicly bitch about their exes- Denise Richards is a sport.

Joyce

Can't wait. My entire family will be watching!

Gus D.

Go Charlie. I will be watching this, sure to be a great show.

FESTA