Omar Sharif

Slaps Woman

at Qatar Film Festival [VIDEO]

10/27/2011 9:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0_gcw2ofe1_0_3mf2iimg
Hollywood legend Omar Sharif lost his cool at a film festival in Qatar this morning ... and angrily slapped a woman right on the red carpet.

Sharif was at the Doha Tribeca Film Festival for a screening of one of his movies ... when a woman approached him on the red carpet ... and tried to take a picture with the 79-year-old actor.

Sharif -- who was nominated for an Oscar in 1962 for his role in "Lawrence of Arabia" -- lashed out in Arabic ... telling the woman to wait her turn ... and then slapping her.

Moments later, the woman smiled and posed for a photo with Sharif like nothing ever happened.

Watching from the video, it's unclear if Sharif made contact with the woman's face -- but one reporter who was at the scene tweeted, "Omar Sharif just hit a woman. Very stupidly, in front of a camera."

Sharif has a long history of getting physical with people -- back in 2003, he attacked a cop in a Paris casino and in 2007, he pleaded no contest to misdemeanor battery for beating up a Beverly Hills parking attendant.

Calls to Sharif's camp have not been returned.

Steven

Wow ... she took it and still smiled in the photo WTF i would have punched him right in the jaw ...

GAPeach

What an *******. She should sue him for battery. He is a washed up old drunk anyway! Why is it that "so called movie stars" think they have a license to do whatever to whomever they want!

William

Lucky he is Arab! If he was in an Italian naborhood, they would have killed him on the spot!

Evy

Oh.. I wish he would!! HA!

Kaffee

He is an Arab and the woman didn't ask his permission. Surprised?

Tina

I am a little shocked at how lightly you all are taking this.. I don't care if he slapped her hand or her face, it is assult..Those of you calling him a grumpy old man, get real. I even saw a comment of what was that women doing out of the kitchen (which I hope was an attempt to be funny). If I were that woman I would not have waited politely for a pic, I would have called the police and had that grumpu old bastard thrown in jail.....

lonnie

We have to understand; that was not in America, they have differnt custem than we do. Agree with it or not (I do not) but it is what it is. That is perfectly normal in their society. American if you dont like it just make sure you stay here then and enjoy the freedoms that our men and women in the service have afforded you.

w

what a jag*off

w

We said Lonnie!

w

Well* said I mean

Bud

One minute you slap da bitch and the next minute you schtup her.

vivian

what a supid !!old man, some one should have told the old fart off ,you don't hit people!!! what a piece of old crap

muqdad

BAD MAN I CANT SAY STAR OR ACTOR ,,, SORRY FOR LADY AYSHA AL DOORY ,,,,

Faust

Looks to me like he flips her hair...that's about the only thing he contacted. Old man need to work on his aim and bust her in the eye next time some woman interrupts and she isn't trying to hand him a sammich.

Jeepers

That makes me really angry. I can't believe she still wanted to take a picture with that worthless excuse for a man. In America, he'd be taken out of there in cuffs...probably after getting the hell beaten out of him by a real man.