« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kim Kardashian

I Wanted It to Last Forever

10/31/2011 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kim and Kris
Kim Kardashian still insists she was in it for the long haul with Kris Humphries before filing for divorce -- claiming, "I had hoped this marriage was forever."

Kim just released a statement on the split -- saying, "After careful consideration, I have decided to end my marriage. I hope everyone understands this was not an easy decision."

Kim adds, "I had hoped this marriage was forever, but sometimes things don't work out as planned. We remain friends and wish each other the best."

update_bar
12:10 PM: Khloe just released her own statement on Twitter, claiming the family has been getting hate mail after news broke of Kim's divorce ... writing, "Reading some these comments r so hurtful. Im grateful 4our fans who understand & r being respectful. Hate is disgusting. Love is everything."

Khloe adds, "Thank God for family. We are strong and we will only become closer! I love YOU."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Paul

I heard he lost a "who has the bigger penis" contest with Kim's sister Khloe.

Anne

If you did not want any hate mail or comments made, then perhaps you should keep your personal life personal and not splash yourselves all over the media. Tell me -- does Kim have to pay everything back that she received from a $10 million dollar wedding? There are so many things that can be done with $10 million dollar!!

themoons1

After careful consideration I have decided that Kim is a idiot. Her dorky looking shim sister Khole needs to understand that its not about hate. Its about the waste of such money, food and such and she cant even try to work on her marriage. Ooops she worked on it 72 days I forgot. Kim is a clown, she needs to take a close look at herself in the mirror. Anyone can get divorced, it takes a person of honor to work on a 72 day old marriage.

Lola

She is a disgusting piece of trash who only cares about fame and $$. Kris deserves a real wife. Not someone who doesn't compromise and doesnt get her way so she quits. I don't think she ever loved him. She just wanted the attention of a big wedding! if she did she wouldn't quit on the marriage so soon. Lord I wish people would stop buying their crap and making them richer. They are what's wrong with society today

durkee

TRASH TRASH TRASH,,, THEY NEEDD TO GET A real job......

durkee

TRASH TRASH TRASH.... THEY NEED TO GET REAL JOBS.....E..10 MILLION FOR A WEDDING...THAT COULD HAD FED ALOT OF HOMELESS PEOPLE... WHAT LOSERS THEY ARE

yogi

The only thing she loves is money..... and her self

Janeylaur

I say vote, or rather don't vote, her brother off Dancing with the Stars, punishment indeed. Then we won't have to have the camera pan to her teary face much longer!

TheMarshmallowMan

This whole family is vapid and Useless, I wonder how much money momager Kris will be making off this divorce.

Paul

I heard the real reason they're getting divorced is because Kris had a "Who's got a bigger penis" contest with Kim"s sister Khloe and lost.

Lori

People please stop watching their show and buying their products!!!! They are a complete JOKE! All the money they wasted on this farce of a wedding with so many people struggling. GO AWAY ALREADY

AC

Cool story TMZ.

ng

In response to Khloe's comment....this family is finding a way to make money off every burp and fart that they each have. That's their right and if they can get away with it, then more power to them. However, if you are going to publicize and hype ever burp and fart, then don't be surpised that some people get sick and tired of your ridiculousness. With the perks and the money also comes downs and judgment. If you don't like or can't take it, then stop showing the entire world all the details of your lives. A 2 month marriage for 10 million, a 20carat ring for 2 million.....come on!!! Most of American is suffering and although these people provide an escape, at some point which for me is NOW...they look stupid and pathetic.

Liz

Let's see if I can be civil and keep it clean. She is famous for being famous. She has no talent, their whole family have never done anything to deserve the fame they have, please cancel their show. In all honesty, you should give back the gifts, your wedding was a multi-million dollar publicity stunt and your poor husband was duped. Shame on you. Your family is disgusting Khloe, you are all publicity seeking pigs. Please shut down the camera's we don't want to see you,hear you or know you.

rick

I watch this show to get pissed off. She and all of them are money grubbing fat ass whores who really need to go away. I used to be a Bruce Jenner fan, but not anymore. Please stop watching this horrible show and allowing it to go on.