« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Kardashian Divorce

Why They Broke Up ...

10/31/2011 9:24 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031_kim_kris_ex_tmz_1
Kim Kardashian
will never, ever move to Minnesota ... everyone knows that ... except Kris Humphries.

Sources close to the former couple tell TMZ ... one of the main points of contention in the marriage was where the couple would live after all of the wedding madness finally died down.

We're told Kris was passionate about eventually settling down in Minnesota, where he's from ... and believed Kim was on board with the plan. She wasn't.

Sources tell us Kim -- who's from L.A. -- wants to stay near her family ... and she also feels that staying in town is the best thing for her career.

So why didn't this conversation come up before the $10 million wedding? We're told the two talked about their future ... but got caught up in the hooplah and figured they would simply figure it out after they tied the knot.

Sources say it's not a nasty break-up ... but we're told the two have come to a realization that it's not a long-term fit.

1031_kim_kris_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

marilyn

what does she do to make that kind of money nothing just because she is a kardashian r u serious

Andy1

At least she ended it before she had kids. Many in America and elsewhere are more polygamous, really, than monogamous marrying one person and having a child, moving out and in with someone else and having a child, etc. There are some pretty vicious people on here who have either never been married or think they will never be divorced. Perhaps Kim is addicted to drama, gets bored easily. Perhaps Kris wasn't loving, attentive, communicative, or faithful. Who knows. Whatever happened, it happened. Maybe neither were focused enough on genuine connection or needing to be because both are wealthy. Maybe they are both like the masses out there who can't wait for the next new thing be it tsunami or earthquake or divorce, etc.

Sarah

I think the problem here was, she wanted a "reality TV series" based off her marriage, A LA 'Klohe & Lamar', and he didn't!

Jimmer

EVERYONE knew they weren't going to last. & who gives a **** if Kim dont wanna move to minnesota aint no one want her in our state anyway. :) Hit me up Kris.

jeff

She divorced him when she found out he was only half black

Sole

I think that we all want to love and be loved...I like Kim, but I think she could have used better judgement because this isn't her first experience with marriage. She was married before for four years, so she knows everything she needs to know. I believe she knew she wasn't inlove with Kris and therefore should have given things more time and stayed engaged instead of jumping right to marriage. There were off to a rocky start and plenty of red flags went up, so the statement she released about her divorce means nothing. Blood is thicker than water, so I understand her family's support, but I know they too know that she should not have done this. I don't think it was about the money, I think it was about making Reggie Bush jealous and getting back at him...but at who's expense? Now what she needs to do is give any money she made from this situation to charity...if not, I may not like her very much anymore.

Imjuzsayn

Sad to say, but I think we all saw this coming. This is what happens when people are too anxious to get married; too afraid to be alone & wait for the right one. I feel for Kim, not because the marriage ended, but I think she was blinded by her own longing to be married. She was the only one out of the 3 sisters who wasn't in a committed relationship-- Khloe who (let's face it) she never thought would get married before her, is married and Kourtney could be, if she wanted to. I think Kim just thought it was her turn. I don't think it was anymore of a publicity stunt, than Khloe's was. Khloe got all kinds of backlash, too b/c she met & married a man in 30 days-- but people have left them alone, since they lasted longer than people thought they would. I think the only thing Kim is guilty of, is not knowing Kris well enough, not dealing w/their incompatibilities & not knowing herself enough to know that it wasn't going to work out.

LP621NYC

When will she realize that the depth of her superficiality is really not human? She doesn't resemble a human being. Can you imagine just how high maintenance she is? Get used to these short term relationships, Kim. I used to be a HUGE fan of yours.

dot

Kim is a spoiled brat. It is quite obvious that her mothers loves her better than the rest . Kris completly ignores her two younger girls . The only girl that appears to be stable is the one with the baby . But in some ways she s mesed up also , she wants to keep having babies but not get married . Their biggest problem is their mother ,she is just too involved in the lives of all her kids . She needs to get a life of her own . She lives through Kim and this has them both messed up . When Kris saw that Kim was unsure about the marriage she should have told her that she did not have to go through with it . These people did not like Humphreys and he did not like them .Maybe he liked Bruce better than the rest of the clan.Bruce has no say about anything but his two girls. He really stays on them when they mess up . He is both father and mother to the two younger girls.

joan

sorry guys this was a scam for money and i wish ryan seacrist will get there show of air this just shows how money hungey this famaily is is sad that someone like her mother and ryan scam use how much did they pay kris to keep his mouth shut

Barbara

I beleive it was a "sham" from the beginning....a "fairytale wedding"...pleeeze!
Kardashian dosn't realize...all of the facelifts in the world will not stop her from aging??...eventually she is going to get old and I believe "only so much can be done when it comes to plastic"?

She made money from televion rights?....the wedding was one that only 1/2 of our Society could or would have....
Come on....it was a "publicity stunt"...and the sad thing is I feel sorry for her ex-to be :(....he was used to her benefit....
I would love to be her psychiatrist, and or/counselor!
When so many Americans are having a hard time putting food on their table she should be ashamed of herself to even spend the monies "they" did to put on thier "fiasco" of a wedding, it was more like a "production"!!
Sad, sad, sad......Kardashian....you are toooo MATERIALISTIC!...I know many people that will not be watching anything you will be "staring in"...!!...Games are over when you start playing with someones heart!

Donna

Who is surprised at this?? Mama Kris is the pimp and her girls, especially Kim are pigs. The fact that people watch their show and buy their clothes is beyond me. I wouldn't put a dime in their pocket,

twyla fierce

I was so envious of kk marrying the man she loved. i wish so much i could marry the man i love and i dream about it all the time. i thought she was the luckiest girl to have it all and a guy who obviously loved her and had a good head on his shoulders. except when they stood together she looked like a fat little meatball. she could hook up with the Jersey Shore meatballs but they probably would kick her out on her enormous droopy ass. sorry kk!

Sydney

WHO CARES??????????????????????????????????????????????????

elaine

First of all they all knew it was a fake, she was so desperate to be the center of attention as always and to out do everyone else, she wanted to beat Kourtney down the aisle and she is jealous of Khloe. I never thought she was in love with him, I think she was in love with the fairytale of it all!!! People are starving and her pimping mama ( kris) got a 10 million $$$ wedding, now watch the divorce!!! they are laughing straight to the bank!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments