Kim K

Donating $200k Instead

of Returning Wedding Gifts

11/1/2011 4:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1031_kim_kardashian_exd_tmz_6
Kim Kardashian
's wedding guests ain't gonna get their expensive wedding gifts back ... but KK wants to make it up to everyone ... with one BIG ASS charity donation.

Kim just blogged about her decision to divorce Kris Humphries ... insisting she "married for love" ... but says, "I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people."

She also wrote, "There are also reports that I made millions of dollars off of the wedding. These reports are simply not true and it makes me so sad to have to even clarify this."

"I’m so grateful to everyone who took the time to come to my wedding and I’ll be donating the money for all the gifts to the Dream Foundation."

Sources close to Kim tell TMZ ... KK plans to give the organization a $200k check.

Kim concluded, "I’m sorry if I have hurt anyone, but my dad always told me to follow my heart I believe now that I really am."

STACY

do people even care about the REAL things happening in the word? We know these people think the world revolves around them but really..real issues, real people, real life is going on and these fame hungry people who contribute NOTHING to anyone but there selfish selves (She won't give her presents back? wah!) Its about time she uttered the words "give" and "charity." She isn't even good at faking a sad face..for the press, in Australia, self-promoting. Stop trying to sell fake and do something real and substantial in this one life you get.

CC

It would be nice but just for giggles is the "Dream Foundation" one of HER foundations?? I am sure it will filter back into her grubby man hands!

golfer

you are all hypocrites!!! plz if you were in her shoes you would not donate a dime...get real!!!

Mark

*************BOYCOTT ALL KARDASHIAN STUFF************** THESE PEOPLE DON'T DESERVE A DIME!!!! KRIS JENNER YOUR A SORRY EXAMPLE OF A WOMAN AND A MOTHER! SHAME ON YOU! YOUR DAUGHTERS ARE WH*RES! AND WHY YOUR AT IT SAY REALLY WHO'S KHLOE'S FATHER IS, CUZ ITS NOT ROBERT!!!!!!!!!! ************* BOYCOTT THE KARDASHIANS***********NO ONE SHOULD WATCH YOUR SHOWS AND YOU GET NOOOOOOO RATINGS AND E DROPS YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

I'm sure the wedding gifts in total are worth more than 200K. The question is, why should she get the tax break giving money to charity? Donate One Million to Charity without taking the tax break then maybe, people may reconsider what they feel about this whole situation.

LB

The mother states that the wedding was not profitable. Does anyone remember that the gifts were extremely expensive as was the items she registered for? I'd call that profiting!

cobo

I like Kim and I got married for a short time but damn not that short,also she's a skank did I mention that I like her. Guess it's hard to keep up with the kardashian.

LB

Another thing. Shouldn't the gifts be considered community property and Kris should get 1/2 of them. He gets nothing due to the pre-nup, but he is crazy if he does not take the stuff (the gifts) acquired during the marriage. He should make her sell them.

cobo

I guess it's true LOVE is blind it took her 72 days to see what I saw the first time I saw him that he is a UGLY mo&$er f$&@k.

BETS

kim u and your family are such money hungry ********... u need to give those gifts back...

oc mom

She (Kardashian,inc) gets the nice tax credit write off for $200,000 donation that actually originated from another person's pocket!

gina

give the damn gifts back and donate to charity, greedy B! you are famous cause of sex tape! gzzzzusus!

anonymouse

she didn't mean to hurt anyone...including the guy she 'loved'...cuz she got caught up in the filming of a t.v. show(??) - she needs to give ALL the money back- everything she earned from the wedding, the t.v. show of the wedding, the pictures, the dress, the gifts, the ring- everything! I am so upset with her- she is just a complete fake!

DrChris

How is the value being placed on the wedding gifts and is it being done by an accounting firm? This is so inappropriate and the gifts should be returned.

Noname

Kardashian SELF-INTEREST first AGAIN-TAX BENEFITS OF DONATING WEDDING GIFTS

1. By donating gifts, Kim K will a get a large FEDERAL TAX CREDIT on her INCOME TAXES. This means she will use the value of the gifts donated, they are all unused unwrapped items, to get a CREDIT on her 2011 Federal Income taxes for donating to any charity. This will be credit toward her Federal and California gross income and therefore reduce her adjusted gross income and therefore reduce her TAXES due both to the Feds and CA!!! Kim K is using gifts OTHER PEOPLE GAVE her, that cannot possibly all be out of boxes or used by now with all her traveling-just look at the show when all Khloe's wedding gifts sat waiting for months- as a monetary CREDIT TOWARD HER INCOME TAXES.

2. Additionally, donating the gifts and receiving the TAX CREDIT will reduce her overall taxable earnings. Depending on how close she is to the next lowest tax bracket, it could literally save her tens of thousands to a hundred thousand in taxes. SHE IS SELFISH AND MOTIVATED BY MONEY TO THE END.

3. Why is Kim K declaring what will be done with gifts? Does she not understand they are community property and Kris Humphries gets a say in what happens to them. He would probably want to return all the gifts to guests out of respect for the guests despite what Emily Posts ancestors say.

4. Kris Humphrises should be getting 1/2 the charity donation, but the guess is Kim, Freak Show Kardashian will keep it all, as that is what she was taught to do.

5. Despite what the law says and what Emily Posters old and new say, Kim K, after discussing with 1/2 owner Humphries, should return the gifts to guests. It is the morally right thing to do. Rules were created for those who have no morals. Morally, give Kim said she knew before wedding there were issued, but went through with it, the gifts should be returned.

6. Kim is giving the gifts to charity for PR and Image rehabilitation reasons, not because she wants to do the right thing as the right thing is to return them. She can always give that same charity the same value in cash to make up for it if she was an honorable person.

7. Her court docs say she was married 2 months, therefore, etiquette rule applies, return the gift to those who gave them.

8. Despite the law letting Kim keep the engagement ring, she should return it out of respect because it is the gracious, kind, reasonable, honorable, and moral thing to do given she wanted out of the marriage, A) given she said she had reservations about the marriage prior to getting married, B) given in her court do***ents she claimed to be married only 2 months, C) given she needs to repair her BRAND, IMAGE, and Marketing power al over again now having lost millions of fan's' respect and desire to watch what is now being called the Kardashian Freak shows. D) Given it is the right thing to do especially after blaming the Humphries family for the divorce (Her normal counter-accusations. So what if they did not like you-join real reality.)

Previous 15 Comments | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments