« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ex-NASCAR Driver

Cops Seize Roughly 40 Firearms

11/2/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1102_jeremy_EXD_01

We spoke with Captain Joel Fish of the Catawba County Sheriff's Dept. who tells us cops seized approximately 40 firearms during a search of Mayfield's North Carolina home last night.

Captain Fish says most of the guns were rifles and shotguns ... with a few handguns.

We're told the guns were seized so officials could determine if the weapons belong to Mayfield .... and if so, if they are properly registered.

As we previously reported, cops had searched the home on a warrant after receiving a tip about stolen property inside Mayfield's pad.

Captain Fish says cops seized all sorts of items they believe to have been stolen -- including Red Bull Racing gear, commercial sound equipment and industrial machinery. Cops also claim they found 1.5 grams of methamphetamine inside the house.

Mayfield was arrested for felony possession of meth. He was released after posting $3,000 bond.

Captain Fish tells us cops are still investigating the matter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

anon.

He was loaded.

Cartman

I guess the 4th Amendment doesn't exist in North Carolina.

bigshh

Just a tiner?

gale

It was a set up by Brain France. Having guns in your house down south is like having a fork in a draw. I have the right to bare arms leave JM alone

John

"Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield had enough firepower inside of his home to equip a small army ... law enforcement tells TMZ. "

here we go... strap yourself in for one more fun ride

I guess I better not say I have 43 guns not counting the 2 .22 pellet guns that are damn close to a normal .22 rifle.. **** maybe I could invade a 3rd world country all myself and take it over with my guns..

Bitch Tits

40 firearms is really only enough to equip a couple of small platoons, not an army.

mikeman

i like how that the nascar guy having meth in his home is sort of glossed over, like an afterthought. of course the nascar guy has meth...

Woot

NASCAR. Firearms. Duh.

dan the man

If the weapons are found to be registered and legal, they should leave this guy alone. Some probation and drug classes will likely be handed out for the meth, and if the driver has saved some money this will be like it never happened.

FruitSalad

HAHAH all that denying he did about meth and he is STILL doing it. Way to ruin your life moron.

Montezuma

If I remember correctly, North Carolina does not have a firearm registry. I know that the idiots that write the articles are in Kommiefornia. Regardless, most states in the southeastern United States don't have a firearm registry. You see, we will believe in citizen's rights to little to not government intrusion into people's lives.

As for the meth, if it is true, then the guy should know better. He is going to end up hurting himself, or killing himself. Though, I disagree with arresting people for possession of drugs, any drugs, the guy does need help. The "War on Drugs" only ends up harming people, more than helping them.

If Mr. Mayfield has resorted to thievery to fund is drug habit, then shame on him.

CelebJustice

Oh boy... Harvey the LIBERAL is about to start waging war on our constitutional right to bear arms. 40 firearms consisting mostly of shotguns and rifles? Please!, in the south, learning to hunt and fish begins after potty training.
Stick any 12yr old from the south in the woods for a week with a pocket knife and a rifle and he would thrive.
Do the same with Harvey and he would hug a tree, whining about how hungry and scared he is.
Having lived in SoCal my whole life, I can't even begin to tell you how ecstatic I am to be out of the Socialist Republic of California.

BTW... Awesome analogy!

gale: 50 minutes ago

PIERRE LAGANO

Drug addicts and alcoholics lie! Mayfield been tellin the public forever that he's clean! WHAT A LYING S.O.S. He's a Meth-Head!

Paula

What's the point of this story? Is it illegal to own firearms now? I don't think it is a good idea to mix any kind of drug with guns, but the fact that he had 40 guns is no shocker to me, I have that many too!

Bodie

OOOPSIE, are the cops sure it's not cough syrup and Adderal like he claimed before??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments