Eddie Murphy

I'm Not Mad at 'SNL' Anymore

11/3/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

110311_eddie_still

Good news boys and girls ... Mr. Robinson might actually return to the neighborhood.**

Eddie Murphy just told Ellen Degeneres he's finally gotten over his beef with "Saturday Night Live" ... the show that helped launch him into superstardom 25 years ago.

During the interview, Ellen asked, "Is there something going on that you have not been back for a while on SNL? Will you go back and host?"

Eddie replied, "Not anymore. Now, I’m cool.  I would go back if it was the right stuff, situation."

When Ellen asked why Eddie had issues with the show, he didn't come all the way clean ... but explained, "It was couple ... Over the years ... they did little s**tty  stuff where I was like, hey, f*ck y’all. I’m not trippin. It was years ago. I don’t have any bad blood with that show. And that show is such a big part of my past. I love being part of it. Yeah, I wanna go back."

It's long been rumored that Eddie's problem with "SNL" started with a sketch on David Spade's Hollywood Minute segment ... when a picture of Eddie appeared on screen and David said, "Look children, a falling star ... quick, make a wish!"

**For those too young to get the reference, check out Eddie's old Mr. Robinson's Neighborhood sketch (below) ... hilarious.

nof

The Lessons Of Eddie Murphy:

1. How To Go After Something You Really Want (SNL).

2. How To Make The Most Of Your Opportunity, And Once You Somehow And Unbelievably-Enough *Get It*.

When you look in to the dictionary next to the word "Guts?"

Eddie Murphy's picture appears, and as a 17-year-old.

His picture also appears next to the word, "Heart."

nof

For The Record Department:

Eddie was one of the first to notice "The Farrelly Brothers."

Helped give Tom Shadyac his start.

So, Flamers-Beware, Know what you're talking about.

JJ

Eddie, PLEASE! I would PAY big bucks to see you host SNL. You are HILARIOUS!

charley

and who gives a phk you were...tou transgender lovin mutha phkr!

tre

of course he'll go back now, dude ain't got NOTHING else going on

LindaJay

I love this guy, Gumby, James Brown ...in the hot tub. And my fav... "C-I-L-L...Kill--my Landlord"...great stuff. I just realized how much I do miss him!!

Metta Worldhate

I don't think you're popular enough anymore to land an SNL gig, brah.

wesley almonds

Eddie was the show on Sat.Night Live in the early 80's...If anybody remembered the show was almost cancelled if it wasn't for him and Joe Piscopo......Eddie is still funny but I think his brother Charlie has stolen some of the thunder.......Eddie had made some good some not that good he made some bad choices IF ANYBODY FORGOT TO MENTION THAT HUIS PERFORMANCE IN "DREAMGIRLS"ALMOST WON HIM AN OSCAR!!!!!!!!But he blew it when hte producer of NORBIT decided to release the movie two weeks before the Oscars!!!!!!!Eddie still the best!!!!!!

k

In Eddie Murphy's darkest hour telling his very worst joke(s) ever, he's a helluva lot funnier than David Spade could ever hope to be. Your fans will always love you Eddie, and you got robbed of that Oscar a few years back too!

Rich

Eddie Murphy is a genius. No one is or has been as funny as Murphy. Not Pryor, Cosby, Cystal, Spade, Belushi, Chase, Walken, Smith, or anyone else. Not even close. Murphy dominated the box office with movies that he carried all by himself. I hung with Murphy back in the 80's and the only stars to reach that height are the Michaels, Jackson, Tyson, and Jordan. Stop hating on greatness!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2