'Porky's' Star

Planned Suicide

to Escape Post-Cancer Pain

11/3/2011 2:44 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

1103_wyatt_knight_EX_01
The wife of deceased actor Wyatt Knight -- who played Tommy Turner in the "Porky's" movies -- confirms the actor took his own life ... telling TMZ he wanted to escape the "physical and emotional pain" caused by intense cancer treatments.

TMZ broke the story ... Wyatt's body was discovered on October 26 in Maui -- and cops believe the death was a suicide.

Now, Wyatt's wife Silvina Knight tells us, it's true -- Wyatt recently overcame a battle with cancer but the radiation therapy "left him in both physical and emotional pain."

Silvina adds, "He was tired of the pain and after much contemplation, chose to end his life in a beautiful and a serene place."

It's unclear if Silvina was aware of Wyatt's alleged suicide plot before he died -- but she claims, "His Family and friends are devastated. "

"Wyatt was an incredibly talented, intelligent and loving person with an amazing spirit. He is free and at peace."

1103_wyatt_knight_footer

OutridersGhost

Cancer sucks.

EMB

Sad, RIP.

moxie

God Bless you, Wyatt.

don juan

lord bless his soul

TMZebra

Cancer DOES suck :-(

croc

in this day and age they cant find some way
of taking pain away- a shame. such a nice looking man.
chemo is horrible..rip.

Nefertiti

My thoughts and prayers are with the family and friends at this very difficult time. TC and GB!!!

Pam

RIP Wyatt. To think we euthanize animals for less yet let human beings suffer such agony is ridiculous.

NobodySpecial

It's sad that in this day we still do not have the correct methods to handle something as simple as "chronic pain management". Even in hospitals most doctors do not know how to properly address this issue.

For those of you who do not (or have not yet) experience chronic pain, you have no idea how it destroys your life.

We spend billions of dollars on things we really do not need to have but people all around you suffer because our government will not spend money on helping suffering people. It's not about finding a cure, its just about making life more tolerable.

.:Loki4Ever:.

We put our pet's down when they are suffering, yet assisted suicide is illegal in this nation... I don't get it

rip

My husband is a creep, deadbeat loser to his kids and wife, why can't my husband die instead of this nice guy

andre`

So good looking. Sad to see him go. Cancer is just the worst.

StPeteRickster

Just lost a long time dear friend to throat cancer. What I saw him go through made me decide that if I faced the same thing, I would do what this guy did.
Radiation and Chemo killed my friend, and it was brutal.

Will never forget the last time I saw him.

Made me decide to start saving pills, so God Forbid it ever comes to me, I ain't going out that way.

He fought all the way and was just mowed down by the treatment. Will NEVER forget how he suffered, even on heavy morphine....

GodSpeed Wyatt and RIP.

Those who really LOVED you will understand why....

Renegade Talk

Very Sad www.renegadetalk.fm

jetfanglo

wow.....too bad...soooo sad.......hope ur pain is finally gone........godspeed.....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments