Kim Kardashian

Must PAY Kris Humphries

to Keep Engagement Ring

11/6/2011 3:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
Kim Kardashian
is going to shell out some serious dough so she can keep her MASSIVE engagement ring ... and TMZ has learned, the cash is all going to Kris Humphries.

Sources close to the former couple tell us ... it was Kris who originally bought the 20.5 carat diamond stunner ... and Kim loved the ring so much, she included a clause in the pre-nup which allows her to buy the ring from Kris for the original purchase price in the case of a divorce.

Ironically, without a special clause in the prenup, Kim would have been the proud owner outright, because once they became man and wife, the ring would have been Kim's.

Since the couple is now kaput -- the diamond is in Kim's court. We're told KK still LOVES the ring -- and will pay Kris so she can keep it.

As far as price goes -- Kim never disclosed how much Kris plunked down, but according to multiple reports, it's valued around $2 mil.

Georgetta Richardson

Sounds like she spent more time on her pre-nup then her marriage. This has got to be the worst family on earth.

Leigh

Engagement ring is a gift to the bride to be.. It is not to be returned or be bought..

susan

Can they just stop reporting anything these publicity whores do..If everyone stopped reading it and stopped caring, maybe we would be done with them all!!

jadeerdld

The rump on the "little" heifer will ever expand, dwarfing the size of the engagement ring, if he is paid quid pro quo for her enlargement, he will realise a "massive" profit.

Viewer321

Boycott anything Kardashian. These people are money grubbing, lying, misfits. The wedding was a staged and scripted attempt to turn the video into cash. How disgusting does it get.

Janay

She knows she can never wear this ring again. Why would she still want it? Because she still thinks we are all fools. She is going to have the stone reset into something else. A pendant or earrings or whatever. I really hope Humpries does not fall for this. By now they have gotten the calls from all their business associates and been told they are on the verge of pulling their products and indorsments. Her mother is forcing her to do this to get the viewer backlash to back down. I sent in my complaint/boycott letter to Sears the FAMILY store, last night. How about you? Sears website has easy access to send in your comments. Stop the kardashian petitions all over google.

Donaldo

My opinion---Kim should come clean on the reality TV show about her REAl reason for divorce not demanding that details not be shown. Also my opinion, she has just about "used up" her body, she is NOT the next LIZ TAYLOR of marriages, she stinks!

Ron

Sammy is 100% correct about the Kartrashians...I couldn't have said it better.

michael w shadrick

I would let KK keep the Ring for 72 days of what GoD Gave that Girl! Her Lusciousness Wrapped Around my Man Hood would have been worth it If only I could Afford It?

Pam

The entire Kardashian family represents everything that is wrong with society. Their values leave a lot to be desired and they will do anything for money. Shame on them; hopefully this sham/scam marriage fiasco will result in a backlash that will remove them from the limelight

barbarajayne

I read this below in another report-

According to TMZ, a clause in the couple’s pre-nuptial agreement stipulates that Kardashian must pay Humphries, 26, the original price of the ring if she wants to keep it.

The sparkler, from designer Lorraine Schwartz, is worth about $2 million.

Drew of US Weekly says Kardashian isn’t going to return the ring.

“Remember, technically she didn’t buy it, nor did he. What actually happened is that they got it at an extreme discount and the production company who produces the Kardashian show actually paid for the rest … so she has every right to keep it,” he said.

ABC News’ Sheila Marikar contributed to this report

Lester Roy

Kardashian’s mom, Kris Jenner, was a guest on the show “Good Morning America” which was broadcasted on Thursday Nov. 3rd 2011, when Jenner was asked if her daughter should return Kris Humphries’ $2 million engagement ring after their 72-day marriage ended. Jenner responded with a laugh, saying: “Well, I hate an Indian giver. Don’t you? It’s a gift. Keep your gift.”
After the show, The National Congress of American Indians responded with “The phrase ‘Indian giving’ is wrong and hurtful,” Jacqueline Johnson Pata, executive director of the tribal advocacy group, said in a statement. “The cultural values of Native Americans are based on giving unconditionally and empowering those around them.

I’m not writing this blog to elaborate anymore on that; I believe the National Congress of American did an excellent job responding and showed professional on the matter , But I am writing this to ask another very important question which I feel was not asked . Why do you believe it is OK to call in your words a person an “Indian Giver”? When the person taking something back so far is your daughter Kim Kardashin, she is taking back the biggest gift in marriage and that is the sacredness. When marriage vows become secularized then marriage is no longer sacred and as Kris Humprises quoted "I'm committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents." Why is it fair to take that gift from him? Is a money gift “2 Million ring” different from the gift of marriage and Did 72 days of marriage, show something that the year and half of dating didn’t show?

Kim Kardashin quoted “I felt like I was on a fast roller coaster and couldn’t get off when now I know I probably should have. I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship, I didn’t know how to and didn’t want to disappoint a lot of people.” When the only person that she should worried about disappointing should have been her husband. Her quote leads to my next question for Kim Kardashin you said you married for Love and I don’t think people would questioned that in till you quoted “I got caught up with the hoopla and the filming of the TV show that when I probably should have ended my relationship” But you keep saying it wasn’t about the T.V. show??? Which one is it you married for love or got caught up in your T.V. Show? This question was not hard for Kris Humphries to answer and he quoted “"I'm committed to this marriage and everything this covenant represents."

To conclude this blog I would like to know your opinion people on this matter and since this is what the Kardashin Show is about being Open to the world and expressing our views, well then here it IS "THE PEOPLE VIEWS" .

Lester Roy
Roy2216@yahoo.com

Jenny

Just an obvious reminder...if you want them to go away, and it sounds like lots do, stop watching the shows, and for goodness sake, don't buy anything they are endorsing.

nina

Kim Kardashian is DISGUSTING and anyone who buys any product associated with her is s***

Ray

I agree she needs to pay Kris back for the ring!! This whole thing was a joke!