Kim Kardashian

Must PAY Kris Humphries

to Keep Engagement Ring

11/6/2011 3:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries
Kim Kardashian
is going to shell out some serious dough so she can keep her MASSIVE engagement ring ... and TMZ has learned, the cash is all going to Kris Humphries.

Sources close to the former couple tell us ... it was Kris who originally bought the 20.5 carat diamond stunner ... and Kim loved the ring so much, she included a clause in the pre-nup which allows her to buy the ring from Kris for the original purchase price in the case of a divorce.

Ironically, without a special clause in the prenup, Kim would have been the proud owner outright, because once they became man and wife, the ring would have been Kim's.

Since the couple is now kaput -- the diamond is in Kim's court. We're told KK still LOVES the ring -- and will pay Kris so she can keep it.

As far as price goes -- Kim never disclosed how much Kris plunked down, but according to multiple reports, it's valued around $2 mil.

Yep I said that

Why would any thing like that be in a prenup? This wedding nonsense was a scam from day one did this nasty b!tch think she could get away with pulling a scam like this he should demand the ring back and tell her to eff off

katie.lass

With this clause I thee wed. The true love story ******* soon.

Trooper Tom

This wh()re and the rest of them are materialistic b!tches and that includes the leader pimp mother. This skanky slapper pulled this wedding stunt for the tv show and money well she got both but the back lash from her slutty behaviour was more than any thought now the skanks are freaking out their has gravy train run off the tracks good hit the road and keep on going

Holly

Bruce and Rob are the only ones who went to college out of all that trash and extended trash, but neither one could find their way out of a paper bag.
The entire materialist clan would be broke without Ray J peeing on Kim’s face and sticking it up her wide load ass sex tape.

emilie

She wants to keep the ring to add to her trophies from her trail of tears and broken hearts. She is hoping that it will all add to her media hype as she collects more from various men. Really. To me, it would be bad Karma to keep it but it is about stuff for her. All of them are so shallow. Her "parents" should badger her into giving the ring back.

silverchixx

Each time I read something new about miss theng, I am surprised by how absurd and sick she is.....now, who would even THINK of something like buying the ring back, AND have enough guts to say it outloud, nevertheless write it in a prenup--WHO? Actually good for Kris cause he gets money instead of that ridiculous ring! ANYONE else would be embarressed and shamed by wearing it after a divorse--not miss theng! I continue to say, PATHETIC!

pansey arnold

Poor Kris... She has put his life through the ringer and its still all about her . Has anybody asked how he is feeling all I have heard about is kim .I am so sick of her .I did watch her show but not anymore why give more ratings and more money to a scam artist . She can hide in her million dollar Home while I am out here and cant afford to heat my home for my kids , because I got layed off of a real job , One I had to stand on my feet to get started not on my back

Do you have eyes?

Even though Kim has done every embarassing thing her mother has asked for them to attain their "celebrity status", you know Kris is blaming the backlash all on Kim for not keeping up with the charade a little longer.

lisa2

I love it!!!! Kris Jenner is such a greedy beyotch. Smart man Kris Humphries for getting that clause, now get the rest of your due!

Bluesdude

Why do the media organizations think the public needs to hear about these people and their fantasy life styles. I don't understand. If the cameras go away so will they.

lisa2

This is not the ring from 2007, although the center stone is similar the mounting and flanking stones differ.

lovethecape

ATTN SOCIAL MEDIA - BOYCOTT THE GYPSIES - AKA ANYTHING KARDASHIAN - PASS IT ON HAVE SEARS DUMP THEM RIGHT AWAY - ALSO E !! BOYCOTT THE GYPSIES RIGHT NOW !!!!!!

There's a problem here

Post #138 @pansey arnold ... I mean no offense but dear, if you can't afford to heat the home your children are living in why not give up your internet access, cellphone, cigarettes, etc. and spend the money on heat and the time on your children. Just sayin'

lisa2

THE NEW RING FROM KRIS H has a much bigger stone. Do your research people!!!

Sandra

She should be paying if she is not returning the ring. Her ignorant mother Kris had the nerve to say she did not like" Indian givers" on TV!! This family is so stupid and classless, they would not know good taste if it hit them over the head!!