« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ashton Kutcher Apologizes

Ooops, Paterno Did What?!

11/10/2011 6:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1109_ashton_kutcher_BN_01
Ashton Kutcher
attacked the Penn State Board of Trustees for firing Joe Paterno last night -- but there was one little problem, seems Ashton didn't know about Joe's misdeeds.

Right after Paterno got the chop, Kutcher tweeted, "How do you fire Jo Pa?  #insult #noclass as a hawkeye fan I find it in poor taste."

Almost immediately, Kutcher was attacked by people informing the actor about the situation -- writing things like, "F**k you. He covered up child rape you sick, geriatric f**k."

Roughly 30 minutes later, Kutcher removed his original tweet -- and replaced it with, "Heard Joe was fired, fully recant previous tweet! Didn't have full story. #admitwhenYoumakemistakes."

He later continued, "This is an insane story, I just heard paterno was fired, getting the rest of the story now... Wow."

He added, "As an advocate in the fight against child sexual exploitation, I could not be more remorseful for all involved in the Penn St. case."

Kutcher also replied to people who called him an idiot -- saying, "I am" -- adding, "Honestly just had half facts man my bad ... I need 2b more responsible 4 my voice."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Davis R

When will people realize that these Hollywood Stars are all dumb as rucks. They put their mouths in gear without any idea of what will come out!! Stupid is as Stupid does!!

Marko

This guy is some real dim witted a-hole, how does he even survive in hollywood?

en Todo Momento!!

whatever....child (teen) sexual exploitation keeps 'the industry's' (television et al) gears lubed. it's probably worth a couple hundred billion, at least.

Mike

What planet is Kutcher living on that he didn't know what was going on at Penn State?

neaslon

I let Ashton slide on all his dumb comments because I believe that God created him purely for the sake of beautifying the planet, not for his brains. So I just ignor what comes out of his mouth. I know this is a shallow reason, but it is the truth and the truth stops here.

Howard Reed

Hello America,

Wow! Way to go Kutch. At last, a Hollywood leftie that appologizes for his slip of the lips. There is hope for Hollywood.

The Turban Torpedo

Julies

Ashton- You made a mistake, admitted it and apologized sincerely. I'm sure from now on you'll check facts before taking a stand. This is how we learn lessons- no need to stop communicating on your own, tho. Most of us aren't like the judgmental haters who are barking at you. Get a life folks!

Marc

ashton is one of the biggest losers on tv, 2-1/2 men would have been better with 1-1/2 men. but he is your typical brainless tv actor who only know how to read from scripts or teleprompters.

Rick

Typical hollywood type: opens mouth, inserts foot, closes mouth and never has any clue what-so-ever about the issue at hand. To think that there are people in this country who listen to these douch-bags for political advice is unbelievable.

justanatm

He's an idiot. Shallow, vapid, and stupider than the guy he played on the 70's show. Anyone dumb enough to cheat on Demi Moore should not be allowed to have a phone that was smarter than him.

Louise

I like Ashton - he made a mistake, owned up to it and obviously feels very badly about it.

A.M.D

Don't take it so personal Ash, everyone ends of voicing before they know the whole story. Any fans who jump on you for that are idiots.

Louise

I like Ashton - he made a mistake, owned up to it, apologized sincerely and obviously feels very badly about it.

steve

Why would anyone in HOLLYWOOD be listened to anyway. They're actors - they spend their time pretending to be someone else. Why should we listen to any of them. Hollywood is so left leaning; why should their opinion count anyway. Stick to pretending, leave the serious stuff to us adults. live out your pretentious lives amoungst your silly cohorts in your non-reality world. See you on TV when you're who ever you are.

George B Vieto