Billy Crystal

I'm Hosting the Oscars!

11/10/2011 1:33 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Crystal
Billy Crystal just announced ... he's replacing Eddie Murphy as the host for next year's Oscars show.

The legendary Academy Awards host tweeted just minutes ago -- "Am doing the Oscars so the young woman in the pharmacy will stop asking my name when I pick up my prescriptions. Looking forward to the show."

As we previously reported, Murphy backed out from hosting the show yesterday -- after his friend Brett Ratner resigned from producing it ... following uproar over a homophobic slur Ratner dropped at a film screening.

This will be Crystal's 9th time hosting the Oscars.

Sarah

NOOOOOOOOOO. MUPPETS!

Choyce2020

Please people especially & including celebrities STOP using toothpicks in public...it looks sooo low class & disgusting!!!

Regina

well, if he is hosting this year, then I am no*****ching. Billy Crystal SUCKS. I was looking forward to Eddie Murphy. I guess anybody is better than who they had last year.

LC

Mr. Bill you are great!!! , but I want Eddie Murphy!!

Regina

GET ROBIN WILLIAMS!!!! he has never hosted and at least I would stay awake through all of it to just listen to him go off on his riffs.

lightenup

The best news since he hosted it last time!!!!!!!!!!!
Missed him every year..We need more Billy, steve martin and Robin williams.

Choyce2020

PLEASE people & especially celebrities STOP using toothpicks in public...it looks so disgusting & low class.

selena

For seeking Interracial Love , blackwhitePlanet.com is the best choice it is where to meet black, white, gorgeous, beautiful for romance and enduring relation-ships ! It is the best place for seeking interracial love. which gives you a chance to make your life better and open opportunities for you to me
Dear Academy, Make Billy Crystal your permanent Oscar telecast host and be done with it.

Fidel Sarcastro

Crystal was great as host of the Oscars because unlike almost all the hosts since him, he actually is funny. His parodies of the years nominated movies are side splitting funny and he brings a bit of class to the whole show which has been painfully lacking for the last few years.

brian

25% no? are you serious? who then? noone better to replace Eddiethan Billy! By the way Eddie would have been awesome!

Surfer Gal

If Bristol Palin married Billy Crystal she'd be Bristol Crystal.

Kristina

How about the Muppets

birdman

pretty epic

B

He hosted some of the best Oscars. Almost anything is an improvement over Eddie Murphy, but Billy Crystal is the greatest! Hope he does well.

Luvjaq

would rather see NEIL PARTICK HARRIS!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments