« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike McQueary

I'm In Protective Custody,

Double Fisting Booze

11/11/2011 3:40 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1111-mike-mcqueary-getty-bn
Mike McQueary has reportedly informed the Penn State football players that he's currently in protective custody and "double fisting" alcohol.

According to PennLive.com, one of the PSU coaches gathered several players in a room on campus and allowed McQueary to speak to the team via speaker phone.

McQueary reportedly told the team, "I wanted to let you guys know I'm not your coach anymore. I'm done.”

McQueary also told the team he's not at the University, but in protective custody after receiving several threats ... and "double fisting" booze.

McQueary was placed on administrative leave earlier today.

McQueary -- who's married with a 2-year-old daughter -- is the man who witnessed Jerry Sandusky allegedly rape a young boy back in 2002 ... but failed to stop the attack and didn't report the crime to the police.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

static

Accessory after the fact.

shrimperdan

This man walked in on a child being raped and did nothing to stop it. No amount of alcohol is gonna wash away the stench of his moral failure. I still cannot wrap my head around anyone walking away and leaving a defenseless child with a rapist. How does this man sleep?

static

He and paterno should be charges as accessories after the fact.

static

He and Paterno should be charges as accessories after the fact.

static

He and Paterno should be charged as accessories after the fact.

Lahela

Mike I know you're praying that, god forbid, a witness dosen't react as you did if your daughter is ever in trouble

CHS

Can you spell C-O-W-A-R-D!

Grace

I just saw on the TV that the Sandusky's had foster care children in their home. Goodness knows what their story is. How aweful. I am sorry for the children involved and I hope they all get the counseling needed. So sad.

Kevin

bambam4LSU : 3 hours ago
TMZ,,, like always you failed to MENTIONED, McQueary reported what he saw to the coach Joe Paterno.. He did his job,,, you report everything at work!!!!!!!!!! to who?????? your Boss...

----------- Hey there! We're not talking about someone stealing copy paper here. So, you could witness a child being raped, tell your boss, then go home and go to sleep. Seems there are a LOT of sick bastards out there now isn't there?

zeppy2827

I wonder why he's getting death threats. Maybe because he's the only one on the planet that actually saw the 10-year-old get molested in 2002 and did absolutely nothing to stop it.I don't know how he can live with himself.he's got two boys of his own. I just don't know how he can live with himself. That's just me. I got the boy out of there. And then I get a 2 x 4 and beating with it jury would never touch a little boy again.

zeppy2827

they should charge him he did absolutely nothing when he saw what was happen he should've got the boys out of their. Immediately not going call your daddy. You probably gave him a reach around.meaning Jerry.

Everyones~A~Star

I would not wish to harm a hair on this mans head but he should apologize to the victim he ignored, left alone, some authority figure. Shame on you guy! Put the bottle down ya big baby and handle it like a man...be a good witness not a douchebag. Take yer thumb out of yer mouth it wasnt your ass that got violated. What if it was YOUR kid???? Shame shame shame. If he was a man to begin with he wouldnt be in the mess he is in now.

memeL

If I was in charge -- I would shut the place down - transfer the teachers and students to other colleges, and FIRE every single last person. Wipe the whole thing out and shut it down. Then put EVERY SINGLE ONE having anything to do with the football team in prison for a few decades, McQueary, Palerno, and Sandusky would all get life with no parole. Whoever else on the campus who knew - prison. No questions asked. When people LET children go through the HORRORS that those men did and turned their heads and the pervert who did the molesting all got away with it all for over 13 years, drastic bull crap calls for more than drastic measures. NONE of those innocent boys would be the same again. Also of course for the top 3, I'd toss in a "Bobbit" just for good measure!! ALL those morons protected ALLLL for nothing but FOOTBALL! There's some very SICK sons of B's..AND I do believe their wives knew as well so throw them in jail in throw away the keys !!

memeL

ALSO since McQueary KNEW and all he did was tell 'daddy' who of COURSE is going to protect precious football, put daddy in the adjoining cell, along with DYS who found Victim # 1's story to be a "mistake", in prison. McQueary shouldn't be boozing - he should be having bread and water and I am being generous. HOW Sanducky could hurt that boy and McQueary walk in and see it and NOT do a THING to STOP it there and then, HOW can he sleep at night? ALL this cover up of destroyed childrens' lives for football! The priorities in this whole mess is disgusting! Take the booze away from McQueary. He doesn't deserve to drink any more than MUD! Poor innocent babies!! It makes me so sick! SHUT the whole football section down, just shut the school down. I almost vomited between this jerk walking away when he SAW IT happening and then it went on for YEARS, child after child. I hope they lose EVERY sponsor! (YES, that abuse does make me SICK!!!)

sandiegoprincess

May his child/children NEVER, EVER experience what he allowed to happen to the little 9 year old boy, God have Mercy on you...