Marc Anthony

Turns Two U.S. Marines

into Vegas ROCKSTARS

11/12/2011 9:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Marc Anthony
So there he was, partying in Vegas ... when Marc Anthony noticed two U.S. marines hanging out at the Venetian ... and decided he was going to show his appreciation, by treating them to most kick-ass night EVER.

TMZ has confirmed ... Anthony approached the two marines and personally invited them to hang with him at Tao nightclub Thursday night -- hours before Veteran's Day.

We're told Anthony treated the guys like rock stars -- ordering bottles of expensive booze at a private V.I.P. table and making sure everyone knew they were the guests of honor that night.

Marc Anthony marines vipSources close to Marc tell us the singer was more than happy to treat the marines as a thank you for their service to our country.

doloresdelrio

In 1966, my brother and his buddies went out drinking just before they shipped out to Vietnam. According to him, Phil Silvers happened to be in one of the expensive bars they went to. When Mr. Silvers noticed them in their uniforms, he insisted on picking up the tab. I'm sure the Marines in Las Vegas, like my brother, will always remember the kind gesture. Whatever their private life may be like, I'm sure celebrities,like us, have great respect for our men and women in uniform.

suuzie

What a great thing to do Marc!!!! I happy yall guys had a great time. I must tell you, I am with Wendy Williams when it comes to you, you are one sexy brotha!!!

Ara

Great gift for the Marine's on their Marine Corps Birthday!!!!

Ali

This is the classiest thing he's done (that I'm aware of) and he gets major props for this! If everyone bought a soldier a tank of gas or a meal or paid for their groceries once in a while, it would show them that we appreciate them and thank them for what they have sacrificed for us! Good for you, Marc Anthony!

Northerner

now i must say, i am most impressed with marc. i hadnt really ever liked him for some of the things he has done in the past but this certainly makes up for it.
sure would be nice if more people would do that sort of thing! maybe not get them drunk but use the money spent on the spendy booze and see if they need something in there house fixed up or a vehicle worked on? but its still cool what he did.

Celebrities Suck

JLO would have never done something like this. Remember when JLO was with Diddy they were in a club throwing single dollars at the people in the club and treating them like they were poor losers. JLO is a disgrace and Marc Anthony has class. I'm glad they are no longer together JLO was stealing Marcs spotlight, Marc is talented and JLO is only famous for having a big Â$$ with no talent.

Celebrities Suck

for those that are saying that Marc is ugly, JLO looks great thanks to the makeup that she wears...

I'm assuming that those that say that Marc is ugly and they don't know what JLO saw in him. Have you seen JLO with no makeup? Unless she has a pound of makeup she's fugly...

JLO with no makeup click on the links

Martina

Thank you Marc! My nephew is a US MARINE in Afghanistan right now. It is so great to see someone treat our soldiers with the respect they deserve.

bred

The Goverment should do that smh

CutTheCrap

@DJE

USMC just celebrated the 237th Birthday on Nov 10th, these guys where more than likely at their Ball and that's why they are wearing the dress blues. They are not violating a dress code at all nor are they dishonoring the the uniform. In fact I KNOW for a fact they where ORDERED to wear them.

Semper Fi

nicole

cool points just went up for Mark!

Lake

Why wouldn't he "treat" a teacher or physician or crossing guard or bus driver for "service to our country"? What did those Marines do, specifically, does he know? It's just a job, like lots of jobs. I hope it turns out they were yokels wearing Marine uniforms from a costume store. I appreciate the "service" of lots of people more than I appreciate the "service" of Marines, and I am the daughter of a Marine.

Nefertiti

That was a great gesture that I am sure few other Hollywood celebs would even think to do. Thank you to all members of the armed services for your service to our country. You and your family's are in my nightly prayers. TC and GB!!!

Susan62509

To: DJE
You are assuming the marines were treated like rock stars. Since you weren't their to witness and TMZ said "Anthony TREATED the guys like rock stars" paints an entirely different impression from what you were stating.

I don't care if these marines stood on their head on a table in the middle of the room. They fight for our freedom of rights and should be more than rewarded for it.

Reading the negative and ungrateful comments on this article blog about Marc Anthony and the 2 marines proves the ignorance, immaturity, uneducated dirt bags that need to be sent to the front lines in Iraq by-passing basic training. Perhaps a little blood, sweat and tears will open their minds to appreciate the freedoms our military does for us.

Marc Anthony, you have a kind and understanding heart with our military. I thank you for treating these 2 marines to fine food, drink and laughter for the evening. We could use more people like you in the U.S. You are a great man with your humanitarism.

LI_Mom

Marc deserves praise for this either way.

There's no shame in doing something decent even if you get something out of the deal.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments