« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Penn State

We're Not a Bunch of Sanduskies

11/12/2011 12:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1112_not_penn_state
Not all Penn State students are van-flipping Joe Paterno supporters -- one fan hit the game today carrying a sign that distanced the school from Jerry Sandusky and the mob mentality that overran the campus when Paterno was fired this week.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

she

Then there was the ever present football-player rapist...

p-dat diddy

"I support my sexual predator brothers ...that's the american way!"

...I'm Herb Cain and I approve this message

goaway

Ya know. Bravo for the sign. Maybe a week late but at least a sea change is occurring. Fingers crossed.

Jackie

Good

Mokie

Just one guy trying to apologize for Ped State? Pathetic...

LiveOutLoud

Can you imagine having Penn State on your resume? Geesh!

Chris

Paterno (and many others) knew what he knew and I don't care how beloved he is to Penn State and their fans. Paterno DID NOTHING TO STOP THE ABUSE WHEN HE COULD HAVE DONE MUCH, MUCH MORE! Instead, he gave in to the greed and pressure of being that beloved coach and valued his job and status above the life and innocence of a child. The response from some students and people were foolish as they moved to riot and cause chaos over his firing. Later they seen how stupid they looked after more clarity about the situation was established and decided to do damage control afterward by holding a vigil. Paterno should have done the right thing and went straight to the authorities. He KNEW WHAT HE SAW. What's the excuse there? Celebrity status and athletic accomplishments should not be honored more than protecting a child from such abuse. WTF?! As far as Sandusky, and the administration of Penn State and others who "knew" , they need to put all of you in jail cells with the general population and then we'll see some justice. When you cry out for help, we'll see who responds. Penn State you are disgusting!

David Gojira

You are a bunch of cowards unable to think on your own. Scratch Penn St. from my list of respectable schools to go to. I hope others follow through. Leadership, to include the student body president, does not have a back bone. And I wonder why? What is it they are trying to hide? Penn St. should see a drop in new students. It's unfathomable that the student body has not spoken up against leadership. What cowards.

jjpepperpot007

I just saw the tmz live show for 11/10, and I am so speechless about the students at Penn State who called into tmz and had no stands on the subject or any formed opinion of a 10yr boy who was rapped and Mike McQueary who saw this going on and just walked away!!!...and yet NO STUDENT from penn called into tmz to state this guy should be gone also....either the students are completely dense to what is really going on and haven't read the news or have no idea what had happened!! or haven't even bothered to look into the matter, or just have no clue on what is right and what is morally wrong, and are complete cowards on standing up to the school and stating tell us the truth about what had happened? And what’s happening now? But for the students who have stood up and took a stand, I congratulate you on having the balls to do something and stepping up…that’s the right step into a right direction and McQueary should be FIERD!! WAKE UP!!! Hopefully he does and hopefully he has been!

jjpepperpot007

Bill

ALl you Penn State and Jor Paterno bashers are really the sickest and lowest life forms on earth. The students were 10 to 12 years old when this happened. You think after 46 years Paterno lost all his morals over night. He has done more for "kids" than any coach out there. Even at his last practice he was more concerned a student athlete passed his test in class in a course he was struggling with than the damned practice. All of you need to get a life. You think the actions of less than 10 people define 90,000 students and 46,000 staff people and a University. Paterno has given over $4 million to that school and worked for $ 1 million when coaches of lessor years make $ 5 million. Who has help more "kids" than him? You think football was more important to him? He always preached "Football is just part of your life, its not your life". While I don't condone his actions in this you holier than thou people make me sick. I'll bet if I stood in the driveway at your church I would be run over by the hypocrites who couldn't wait to get out of there. You do as I say not as I do hypocrites really show your character. If you are so holy where is the compassion and forgiveness the bible teaches? Since this has happened the "Students" and staff have raised more than a million dollars to contribute for the prevention of child abuse. How much have any of you contributed and more importantly what have you done? Probably nothing but seat at a computer and spew you evil vile. I see the first comment says "The kids are starting to get it now" You think the tears ans sadness was for Paterno? Wrong. It was for those kids who were victimized, the University and the family at Penn State. But having not ever experienced the Penn State family you can't possibly understand how much we have suffered and how bad we feel for the victims in this at the hands of one person. Oh you hypocrites really make me sick.

HARDY-HAR-HAR

Well said - Good for him!

Rose

Wow
The catholic church of sports. College sports, nothing is free and everything is tied up. To enter into such madness. Good luck I'm glad Im not involved. Puts wall street in perspective. The ones with imaginary power think they will prevail. It's only a matter of time before the truth is revealed.
Peace to those in pain.

Muggs

Don't base the actions of those who protested and tipped over a news fan, on the rest of Penn State fans. Those kids feel just as bad (I'm sure worse) than the rest of us for what happened to those kids. The vigil and the show of support isn't a publicity stunt, and it has nothing to do with Football.. This scandal DEFINITELY put F-ball on the back burner for the students at Penn State.

UPYOURS

I sure the hell wouldn't want to put on a resume that I graduated from PU or was affiliated with the sports programs, either. Not to mention every one of the dumbasses that put on their facebook, etc, that Paterno shouldn't get any blame, etc. Good luck on the unemployment lines.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments