Michael Jackson

Former Manager Says Propofol Use Began in 1999

11/13/2011 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1113_michael_jackson_getty
Michael Jackson took Propofol as early as 1999, a former manager claims in a new book -- and says Jackson was late to his 30th anniversary concerts because he was drugged up.

Frank Cascio, a former personal assistant to Jackson who eventually became his close friend and manager, writes that he first noticed Jackson taking Demerol in 1993 during his "Dangerous" tour. He says Jackson was first introduced to the drug in 1984, after Jackson burned his head during a Pepsi commercial shoot.

In the book, an advanced copy of which was obtained by the AP, Cascio claims Jackson took Propofol in 1999 after a stage accident in Munich.

Cascio says he spoke to Jackson's siblings about his drug use in 2001 and they tried to approach Jackson about it -- but MJ "simply pushed them away."

Writing about Jackson's death, Cascio says Michael "died in his endless quest to attain some inner peace."

Leigh

Maybe he would have been able to sleep better if he would just have admitted to the horrible things he did to those boys. Guilt will make lots of people lose sleep. I used to like his music, but I just never enjoyed listening to it after all those boys came forward. I just wish he and his stories would completely go away.

jacksonfive210

All you people who say mj wasnt a drug addict are idiots!!! How many non VERY sick people get hooked up to iv's when they sleep and take propofol and cant sleep when they take like 5 valiums a huge drug addict that who. Do people think conrad murray held a gun to mj's head and say you gotta take these drugs now???? It was funny on hln one of mj's blind fans was fighting with someone who knew mj because he said mj was hard headed hahah like she knew him.

BEVERLY

I do not care what Michael did in 1999,or any other year This DOES NOT excuse the actions of Dr Murray,in fact in my eyes it makes Murray actions all the more dispictable.He was there to give Michael what he wanted.NOT AS A PHYSCIAN ,who was looking after and making sure Michael was in fine health,and able to take on a rigorous task.As I watched "This is it" on TV last night,what I saw is very different then what most people saw.and I also saw it in his speech for the concert.I saw a man,who had his heart and his very soul taken from him.I saw a man of 50 years trying to do what he had done 20years earlier,YES,he was going to put on a one in a million showstopper,but the old Michael was not there.The crulelty of what he went through came through TO ME.And now my anger is greater,I do not expect some of the morons,who just mouth off to let the hot air out of there bodies,to EVER understand,there to busy being "wise azz FOOLS" I have said this many times before,I do not like "involuntary Manslaughter"DR MURRAY was NOT THERE TO HELP MICHAEL,just to get $150,000.00,and to give Michael the drug needed.I hope he rots in hell.

jacksonfive210

I love all the people saying if you had to go through the things mj did you would take drugs too what a cop out. Im sorry people have had it a heck of alot worse then mj and they didnt need to be hooked up to iv's and take propofol the problem was mj got what ever he wanted and he didnt care at what cost.

BEVERLY

Jacksonfive210---I am sure with your comments,you lead a dull,boring life and could NOT COMPREHEN,THE LIFE OF A SUPERSTAR,your comments shows a lack of intelligence,compassion,and having a preschool brain.YOU KNOW THE SAYING,I will change some of it"WALK A MILE IN HIS SHOES.then comment.

jacksonfive210

beverley-You sound like an idiot because I dont understand why he needs propofol to sleep I must live a boring life haha this comming from prob a 50 year old woman who lives alone ith 100 cats and stays online all day?? Makes sense, how many superstars even the biggest drug addicts in rock in roll have you heard about take propofol none. Im sorry just because you live a stressful life you should be on a drug people take to knock them out before surgery?

jacksonfive210

beverly just because you think your a " Superstar" in your own mind doesnt count.

ADKIc3mAnX

RIP
Michael Jackson
King of Pop
1958 - 2009

Siggisis

Beverly, I am with you.
We weren´t beaten with electrical cords (torture) to get ready to go on stage when we were pre-school kids. We weren´t made perform in strip clubs in the middle of the night when we were little school children. We weren´t forced to face hordes of fans when we were shy teen-agers and just wanted to HIDE. We weren´t the main bread-winners for our extended family from when we were young teens. We didn´t feel like we were eighty years old when we were 29. We weren´t SLAUGHTERED by the press, over and over and over, we weren´t falsely accused of the worst crimes.
Michael didn´t have a life like any other person on this planet - no way of comparing him to others.

black or white

gee yvonne from yuk. i did not know this was for fans only. this is a open forum for anyone who has an opinion! just like your dumb ass is welcome, so is anyone else.

jacksonfive210

yvonne from uk: So we hate mj because we think it's wrong and stupid for him to be taking propofol in his home and because we think he's a drug addict??? I doubt just one day he started taking propofol I bet he's been taking so many other medications and they didnt work anymore he had to go stronger. He was getting demerol for botox injections if this was the case then almost all of california housewives would be doped up all the time. I think you might be the idiot to think this is normal and over your head.

MiMi

Isn't it funny that a so called "friend" writes a book titled "My Friend Michael" and then trashes him in it?

Isn't it funny when the Cascio's were asked if they knew if Michael had had any addictions on the Oprah show last year, it was stated that they were shocked to learn how he died.

Frank was never Michael's mangager. Funny how the stories change after someone has died.

With friends like these, who needs enemies?

black or white

i mean really, if i knew a grown man that slept with dolls, id be afraid...

very afraid

MiMi

Whatever UnWell

Always knew that it was you behind the majority of the hateful posts on this and the other boards. You kinda have a writing style that is well, recognizable no matter how hard you try to hide it.

Only "Wacko" I know of is you........

Tiggy

who cares anymore...so sick of this crrrap!! He's dead...get over it already...good god people.