Michael Jackson

Former Manager Says Propofol Use Began in 1999

11/13/2011 4:15 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1113_michael_jackson_getty
Michael Jackson took Propofol as early as 1999, a former manager claims in a new book -- and says Jackson was late to his 30th anniversary concerts because he was drugged up.

Frank Cascio, a former personal assistant to Jackson who eventually became his close friend and manager, writes that he first noticed Jackson taking Demerol in 1993 during his "Dangerous" tour. He says Jackson was first introduced to the drug in 1984, after Jackson burned his head during a Pepsi commercial shoot.

In the book, an advanced copy of which was obtained by the AP, Cascio claims Jackson took Propofol in 1999 after a stage accident in Munich.

Cascio says he spoke to Jackson's siblings about his drug use in 2001 and they tried to approach Jackson about it -- but MJ "simply pushed them away."

Writing about Jackson's death, Cascio says Michael "died in his endless quest to attain some inner peace."

sofi

Did any of the REAL doctors testify that a person can become addicted to propofol?

If i am not mistaken didn't the autopsy report state that there were NO SIGNS OF DRUG ADDICTION?

IF the above is true SHAME ON HIM! and why did he wait 2 years after Michael's murder to say this? or do i know the answer,some chanel or newspaper offered a sum he couldn't refuse!

Maximus

The "revelation" that MJ was a drug addict is no revelation at all. It's well known and has been for some time. The only people who don't (and never will) believe that he habitually abused drugs are MJ's fans. Next thing you'll tell us is that MJ raped little boys ...

Jim

Hey, I just heard, Michael Jackson is dead. Killed himself, but others were blamed.

Jim

MJ will never rest in peace. He will forever wander the earth in search of his nose.

Pegasus

A Christmas Wish

Dear Santa, I don't want much for Christmas, I just want the person reading this to be happy. Friends are the fruit cake of life --- some nutty, some soaked in alcohol, some sweet, but mix them together and they're my friends At Christmas you always hear people talking about what they want & bought. This is what I want...: I want people who are sick with no cure to be able to be cured. I want children with no families to be adopted. I want people to never have to worry about food, shelter & heat. I want peace and love for everyone! Now, let's see how many people re-post this....I have a feeling I am gonna see almost no re-posts. PLEASE prove me wrong!

sofi

This is an interesting article from la times.If you have read it i am sorry for reposting it.

murray was in debt 800.000$ on the day that Michael died and his financial cir****tances worsened in the months that followed as intense media coverage hurt his ability to earn money as a cardiologist.But after signing a deal with a British producer in f host o2009 he was able to assemble a defense team that included 4 attorneys,a jury consultant,a publicist and a host of medical experts.

All payments to murray's lawyers came directly from the doctor not the filmmakers Chernoff said.I told him early and i told him often that the only way he was going to be able to defend himself was to have money.He had to fund his case or he would never be able to defend himself.read more www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-et-1110-murray-doc-20111110,0,879493.story?obret=obinsite.

Siggisis

sofi: 7 minutes ago

Plus two full time body-guards, who accompany him everywhere, including travels.
Murray would have had to make a HUGE deal, and I doubt that any production company would pay him millions (- for WHAT?), which is what he needed for all his costs and debts.
Things don´t add up - Murray´s money matters need to be looked into.

HumanNature

Money.
Money...
Lie for it
Spy for it
Kill for it
Die for it
So you call it trust
But I say it's just
In the devil's game
Of greed and lust
They don't care
They'd do me for the money
They don't care
They use me for the money...........

R.I.P. MJ

gayforliztaylor

BEVERLY: 12 hours ago
There are people who are not brain dead,like T,MESEREAU.Attorney,who understood his client,you know nothing yet can be a expert on everything Michael.Reading your comments sounds you never made it pass grade school.--

hypocrite. what is "pass grade school"?

no wonder no one reads your newbie posts. how come you can't argue joe jackson when he says he witnessed mj's weight loss in may 2009?

isn't he the better man, in his line up with murray?

poor genius mj. he had no time to be childlike, but he sure was in good company with fans, family & friends.

poor misunderstood mj.
so much kindness & honesty, but nowhere to show them. lol

Susan

MJ's propofol use goes back earlier than 1999. His tour doctor for the History Tour in '96/97 was an anesthesiologist. Dr. Neil Ratner. His sole job was to "take him down at night, and bring him back up in the morning". He traveled with a mini clinic. It came out in a federal insurance case in 2000. And the only reporters that reported on this and tracked this doctor down after MJ died were Anderson Cooper and Sanjay Gupta. Google the doctor. It's all there.

MiMi

Michael Jackson Not A Pedophile, Says Author Who Grew Up with Him

Michael Jackson was not a pedophile. So says Frank Cascio, who grew up with Jackson as a kid along with his siblings. Cascio, now in his early 30s, details his life with Jackson in “My Friend Michael,” officially published tomorrow. It’s the first real, true account of Jackson, including recent books by his brother and sister, Jermaine and LaToya.

Cascio, who knew Jackson from age 5, knew Jordy Chandler and Macaulay Culkin and all the kids who passed through Neverland, writes: “Michael’s interest in young boys had absolutely nothing to do with sex. I say this with the unassailable confidence of firsthand experience, the confidence of a young boy who slept in the same room as Michael hundreds of times, and with the absolute conviction of a man who saw Michael interact with thousands of kids. In all the years that I was close to him, I saw nothing that raised any red flags, not as a child and not as an adult. Michael may have been eccentric, but that didn’t make him criminal.”

Cascio details all the times he and his brothers and sister slept in Jackson’s bedroom, and shares stories of other kids who got the Neverland treatment. Cascio has always maintained this stance, since I met him in 2000. His accounts jibe with those of Culkin and other young men who visited Neverland. Cascio recounts Jackson’s reluctance settle the Chandler case out of court. And he details the story of the greedy, scheming Arvizos.

This past weekend, some press accounts concentrated on Cascio’s admission that Jackson was hooked on a variety of drugs. Fair enough. But as a historical chronicle, “My Friend Michael” is about so much more. Because Cascio and his whole family had a unique place in Jackson’s life. He lived in their homes as an adult, and the Cascios were regular visitors at Neverland, and in Bahrain when Jackson went into self imposed exile. It was Frank Cascio’s minute record keeping in 2003 during the Gavin Arvizo scandal that exonerated Jackson from child molestation and conspiracy charges.

What makes Cascio’s book so compelling for Jackson fans aren’t the drug revelations. Cascio tells the story in minute detail of Jackson’s financial situation and the machinations of various people around him during a key period–from 1994 and the Jordy Chandler scandal through 2000, the “Invincible” album, and the arrest in 2003.

Cascio has no love lost for John McClain, Jackson’s sometime manager and now, by fluke of a 2002 will, the co-executor of his estate. According to Cascio’s account, which I reported at the time, McClain was a constant thorn in his side, undermining their friendship. Years later, in 2010, it would be McClain who would make a mess of the posthumous “Michael” album by encouraging fans to doubt the veracity of tracks produced by Cascio’s brother, Eddie.

“My Friend Michael” is a must read for any Michael Jackson fan. I’ll have some more bits from it as the day goes on.

MiMi

"No one should judge what I've done with my life, not unless they've been in my shoes every horrible day and every sleepless night."

Michael Jackson