'Storage Wars' Stars

Uncover Real-Life Pirates' Chest

Filled with $500,000 in Gold

11/13/2011 6:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1111_storage_wars_treasure_EX
The people behind "Storage Wars" just stumbled upon their most incredible discovery yet -- a real-life pirates' chest that's at least 200 years old ... containing half a mil in gold doubloons

Dan and Laura Dotson came across the stash inside a foreclosed storage locker at an auction in Contra Costa County, CA -- which they sold off to one lucky bastard for just over a grand.

The Dotsons discovered the pirates booty after auctioning off the locker -- a small treasure an expert described as "Pieces of Eight Spanish Gold," dating anywhere between the 16th and 19th century.

According to one source, the coin box was so heavy ... it took 3 people to move it out of storage.

We're told an appraisal expert valued the collection at around $500,000. Yo ho ho!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Isra

STUPIDS! it was Dan and Laura Dotson who found it.
tHEY SCAM PEOPLE BY CHECKING THE LOCKERS FIRST!

DoesntMakeSense

Don and Laura, the auctioneers, came across this AFTER they sold the unit? The unit, that the new buyer would have put their own lock on? So, exactly how did Don and Laura have access to it? Hmmm.... seems fishy to me! But what do I know!

Peter

I hope either Barry or Jarrod (and Brandi) won the locker. I would hate to see it go to anyone else.

Ross

I wish that Brandi was the lucky one so she can leave Jarred. He is so lucky to have such a hot wife.

Lisa

Really?!?! What I want to know is what A-hole stored the "booty" in a storage locker and didn't pay the $100.00 or whatever monthly fee?!?! I mean come on! That's the kind of **** that makes me think the "show" is just that, a show. Ya dig? But I still love it :) And I hope Dave's ass didn't get it, did he?

Lakawak

Sorry John...Everyone over hte age of 10 knows that trick of saying "I know someone" on the internet. Yes..the show is staged, but not the way you claim. And you don't know any storage unit owners and we all know you are lying. The people are real storage auctioneers. They are buying REAL abandoned units. However, the producers plant most of the "wow factor" items for the sake of the show.

Lakawak

Simone..you are also laughably ignorant. Call the retail locations and ask for an item and OF COURSE they won't have it. Because when you watch a show that first airs, say, in November, it was filmed ALMOST A YEAR AGO! They are not going to keep an item that long. And most of those big items that they show (which ARE plented..but not with a prop filled empty unit like you so laughably claim) would NOT be sold in their stores to begin with.

james

i like it

rolando glz

dave hester its a joke , he says that he can sell a table for $200, when they r only worth $35. he puts high prices on all his stuff even if its just a receipt from a gas purchase, he needs to keep it real and stop sayin he can sell it for so much when he cant,,looser

BG

who would leave something like this behind?with that much gold the storage bill seems like a joke..

Yvonne

I would just like to say to those of you who say, whoever lost the coins would be suing. If you don't pay rent on the unit it gets sold everything in it becomes property of the sites owners. You can waste more money on a lawsuit that you will lose anyway.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5