Fake MTV Boy Band Reunites

We Want Our Show Back!

11/14/2011 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

2gether
And you thought there were no boy bands left from the 90s to reunite -- TMZ has learned the faux-MTV group 2gether are giving it a shot ... and they want to bring their old TV show back.

For those who don't remember -- the group starred in a TV movie and spin off series which parodied the boy band craze ... and the group became so popular they even toured with Britney Spears.

TMZ spoke to the Alex Solowitz -- the "bad boy" of the group -- who tells us that the guys have discussed filming a parody documentary detailing the band's reunion. The fake-doc would also show them creating a new song.

Sadly, the group's youngest member, Michael Cuccione, passed away in 2001 after a long battle with cancer. The group plans on donating a MAJOR amount of the proceeds to his foundation.

Solowitz says the whole group is on board -- now they just need to meet with MTV and the show's creators to get them to sign off on the idea.

Kaytee

Who??

Gene Foreman

I love their song You+Me=Us. "I know my calculus, it says you plus me equals us." hehe. @GeneForeman

Jen

Ya took my sweater my hat I can't find my cat, the hardest part of breaking up is getting back your stuff <3

Cheyenne

OMG love them... still listen to "Rub One Out" every once in a while

SaraB29

PLEASE bring it back! A boy band that parodied the other boy bands... The show was so funny and their songs were better too! I still listen to their music.

Cognizant _illiberal

they rock i love them thank god the doc will be funny there music is good

amazon_woman

??? Honestly can't remember them but I do recognize two of the band members.

GossipGirl

You forgot to mention that the oldest member is Chris Farley's brother.

Tara

I loved them! Their show was awesome. They should at least get a reality show or something, and they could actually sing.

RealityBites

That show was so dang funny ala Saturday Night Live it was sad when Michael died. I'd love to see it back on hey if they can bring back B&B why not? How about Head Bangers Ball too?

Lori

Alex is brilliant! Make this reunion and do***entary happen, MTV!!!!

samantha

O yay! I loved them!

Ted Cannigan

Jesus Christ , the dude all the left looke like The Miz aka Michael Mizanin . LMAO .

Gene Foreman

I loved the song You+Me=Us. "I know my calculus. It says you+me=us." hehe.

Tina30228

OMG! I can't believe I actually remember them. LOL Sorry to hear about Mike.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments