« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Wrestling Legend Kamala

I Got My Leg Amputated

11/14/2011 6:25 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1114_kamala_launch
Wrestling legend Kamala just posted a video message online from his hospital bed, claiming one of his legs has been surgically removed ... but the Ugandan Giant insists, "I'm blessed. I'm alive."

According to reports, the amputation was a medically necessary procedure due to complications from high blood pressure and diabetes.

1114_kamala_subasset
Kamala seems in good spirits in the video, saying, "I only lost my leg, not my life."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

BIAKDIKA

IT SEEMS HE WILL NEVER WRESTLE IN THE SQUARED CIRCLE AGAIN, IF HE LOST HIS LEG.SO, THE LAST TIME HE WRESTLED IN THE WWE WAS IN 2005 OR 2006 AGAINST RANDY ORTON. I WATCHED THAT. I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE KAMALA BACK IN THE WWE. GOOD LUCK TO KAMALA.WHEN WILL HE BE INDUCTED IN THE WWE HALL OF FAME?

tcs0

Damn. You really gotta lay off that sugar.

mitch dumez

God bless you Kamila (Wish I new your real name)"I only lost my leg, not my life." Amen to that and I wish you all the best!!!!!!

greg

WOW WHAT A SHAME THAT HE LOST A LEG DIABETIC PERSONS HAVE WATCH THERE BLOOD PRESSURE ETC OR YOU LOSE A LEG OR ARM ETC I WISH HIM A SPEEDY RECOVERY

Kevin

You inspire me, I to have Diabetes and High Blod Pressure, and so does my 10 year old daughter. I wish the best for you and your family, I have been a fan of yours for years since your WWE days, and have followed you even after you left, You always amazed me that you never had any quit in you and still to this day have the strength to see the positive in life, We are all blessed, some with unfortunate cir****tances, but that is what keeps us strong. Continue to be strong and provide faith for others that have some of the same cir****tances we share. I hope you get to read this, and I am glad you got to spend time with your son.

bart