Leo DiCaprio

Gas Guzzler Down Under

11/14/2011 10:18 AM PST BY Johnny Lopez

1114_leo_dicaprio_SplashLeonardo DiCaprio may have reason to hide ... because the environmentalist wasn't very green as he arrived in Sydney Monday ... on a private jet.

In the past, Leo's camp has claimed the 37-year-old "J.Edgar" star occasionally flies private when he has to get to remote locations.

Sydney may have kangaroos, but it's not remotely remote.

update_bar
A source close to Leo tells TMZ ... he simply hitched a ride with a plane that was already headed to Australia.

CountryGal

Lmao@anyone who listens to ***** like Leo in the first place. 99% of Hollywood never graduated high school. They are ******* dumb as dirt and morons actually listen to them because they were in a bad movie. Give me a break! Jodie Foster may be the only educated one out there.

joe

THIS GUY HAS SEVERAL MANSIONS CENTAL A/C, CENTRAL HEAT, TRAVELS IN PRIVATE JETS, LIMOS oH AND HAS A PRIUS, A HYBRID, ELECTRIC CARS,PLEASE CAN U SAY HYPOCRITE.

Bill C.

Don't forget about the pristine island in Belize he bulldozed to make an exclusive environmentalist retreat.

VB

ummm...yep we've got kangaroos, but they're in zoos and wildlife parks ... they're not hopping around the airport

Jeff Becker

A little hypocritical? How about a total hypocrite! Libs make me sick! They always pontificate about the environment and global warming, but they do nothing except tell everyone else to conserve and whatever else theyre not willing to do! Why don't these entertainers shut the hell up and dance like a monkey to make me happy!

samara

Actually...he's a very naive..ill-advised socialist.

Bif Loman

When liberals say "we" they mean "you".

Jenny Jet

He's the one actor I'd like to see get an oscar. He a great actor and deserves it.

Snickers

I've lived in Sydney, Australia for 18 years now. Not once have I saw a kangaroo out. They're only in the zoo or outback which is not close. So I don't know what you're going on about with "Sydney may have kangaroos, but it's not remotely remote."

ipwnlibs247

i would be outraged if this was Herman Cain stepping off that plane.

Rose

Listen people, I have taken a flight to Australia and it is HELL!!!! The flight is long and the seats are small. I would never go back there unless in was on a plane where I can have some leg room.

Also Australia is as remote as you can get.

SarahBeebee

Why do Americans think we have Kangaroo's hopping around everywhere? I am Aussie and when i went to America for a vacation. Every American Asked me about Kangaroo's! lol Ummm We don't have Kangaroo's in the cities. We have them in wildlife parks and Zoo's. Just like the Americans!

msdawndawn

Leo "hitched a ride with a plane that was already headed to Australia?" What after he chartered it? There is a reason that Leo is operating an umbrella like a moron. Perhaps his Eco-friendly stance has been caught with his umbrella down. Celebrities should just act & stay out of the making a "do as I say - not as I do" stand.

Nyd

Another phoney liberal celeb whose own opulent lifestyle contradicts his nagging and condescending lectures he delivers to us "little people". Douchbag!!!

Superman

He's A LOT hypocritical. He's just as greedy as anybody else. Case in point...women...pick one.