« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cowboys Star to Judge:

I Want to be Involved

in My Child's Life

11/15/2011 12:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jay Ratliff
Dallas Cowboys defensive stud Jay Ratliff wants a judge to know ... he's willing to put in the time and the money to be a great father to his newborn son ... but he thinks his baby mama is trying to take advantage of his big, fat bank account.

Ratliff -- a 3-time Pro Bowl nose tackle who recently signed a $40 million contract extension -- was hit with a paternity suit back in April by a woman named Tonitura Kelley, who claimed the NFL star was the father of her then-unborn child.

According to court docs, Ratliff submitted to a paternity test, which revealed a positive match between Jay and the baby. Kelley filed a request for child support ... but sources familiar with the case tell us she's looking for more money than state guidelines provide for.

Jay filed docs saying he wants to be involved in the child's life -- and is making a play for shared custody. He and Tonitura are due back in court in the near future.

Ratliff's rep tells TMZ ... Jay is currently visiting with his son at least 3 times a week ... adding, "Jay's stepped up to become a good father, he loves his child ... and he's letting the judicial system run its course."

1110_whos_your_daddy_footer

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Throwback kid

Over 70% of blacks are born out of wedlock

MsSuburbia

Babydaddy Welfare is WRONG and it needs to end. Another dad who's trying to do the right thing, and will probably get screwed. Sad thing is that one parent sees the child as a person; the other sees the child as a meal ticket.

MsSuburbia

Babymomma/Whore~ Of COURSE you "work two jobs." You're a loser who got no edjamacation, and you's havin' a baybay. And you know that when your payday finally comes, you're getting BACK CHILD SUPPORT retroactive to the date of conception. So shut it. And shut your legs! Whore. You're the worst kind of mother: one who pimps their child from the moment of conception. Be VERY ashamed.

PIERRE LAGANO

Money is all she wants! Got pregnant on purpose!

tomas

Baby mama, the curse of the naive, undereducated professional Black athlete.

Florida Gator Killer

These guys will never learn.$5 condoms,will save you thousands over 18 years.Is it really that hard to comprehend.

Baby momma

For the people that feel the need to comment on my life.... I am very educated and have a Bachelors in Business, I have my teaching certification and I'm enrolling to get my Masters in January! I work for mine and I do not look at my child as a meal ticket. Leave my child out of your conversation and ur comments. You can ridicule and call me whatever name you like if it makes you feel better, but leave comments about my child that I take care of everyday alone out of this. Thanks to all:) I love my son and that's what's important....

KicksandGiggles

I don't feel sorry for him - if he is too stupid to muzzle up, so be it - a kid = a check & these stupid athletes know it - proportion according to his income just like anybody else has to pay!

KicksandGiggles

JSumm1974

@Midnight toker....
Ummm wrong! I live in Texas, pay child support on two kids , and in the state of Texas you are required to pay 20% of your gross monthly income. They add 5% more for every child you have so therefore I pay 25% for 2 children. Also you are required to pay for basic health insurance.
Now let's do the math since I have no idea where you came up with your numbers. Just in the life of the $40 million dollar contract alone, by law she would be entitled to $8 million dollars in child support. Of course I'm sure they will work something out that is more acceptable since it does not cost that much to raise anyone!

MsSuburbia

Texas is one of the few states that has a cap on child support, even though they do the fixed-percentage calculation (rather than the Shared Income Model). Is the TX child support cap still around $1500 per month for one child?

Marlena

These Black athletes are really stupid males - every ho bag they bang gets knocked up - on purpose DUH!!! Wear a raincoat, a few minutes of pleasure ain't worth it - especially because of all the chaos the kid will have to live thru.

TLOVE

For all you ppl leaving comments callg someone a whore whom u no nothing abt is childi*******his man is a lair!!! He lied abt being married and then lied abt getting a divorce. If anybody is a whore it's Jay!! This isn't the only extra martial affair he's having, just stay tuned!! Marketing companies becareful who you make a role model!!! He wants to b apart if his child life, yeah right!! He hasn't seen son in a month!!!! Don't believe the hipe!!! How can he have joint custody, when he's playing ball having practice and having affairs(unprotected)!!! This **** is a joke! Be a father and a faithful husband do that!!! Stop being a bully because you have money!!!

THE WITNESS

GO TONITURA!!!! GET THAT MIONEY GIRL!!!! YOU DESERVE IT!!!!

THE WITNESS

SHUT THE F~~~ UP, STUPID A$$ PEOPLE!!!! THIS FOOL IS NO ROLE MODEL, BUT INSTEAD HE IS A LYING, CHEATING, BULLYING BASTARD, AND HE SHOULD START DATING MEN IF HE DON'T WANT KIDS!!! PUNK!!!! IT IS A "WOMANS" DAMN BUSINESS IF SHE DOES OR DOESN'T GET PREGNANT AND NO ONE ELSE'S, INCLUDING THE LYING CHEATING MARRIED MAN SHE FELL IN LOVE WITH. IF THESE ATHLETE'S DON'T WANT TO HAVE KIDS WHILE IN WEDLOCK OR OUT OF WEDLOCK, THEN THEY NEED TO STOP RAW DI~~ING THESE WOMEN. JUST BECAUSE HE HAS MONEY DOESN'T EXCUSE HIM FROM USING THE HEAD ON HIS SHOULDERS. I HOPE TONITURA GETS MUTHF~~~ING PAID!!!! SHE DESERVES EVERY SINGLE DIME, ESPECIALLY THE WAY HE HAS DOGGED HER OUT, BULLIED HER AND EVEN HAD OTHER STUPID A$$ WOMAN CALLING AND THREATENING HER. IT'S SAD AND I'M GLAD SHE HAS ALL THE EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT!!! I GOT VIDEO TAPES OF RATLIF COMING AND GOING FROM HER APARTMENT, NUMEROUS TIMES IN HIS MERCEDES BENZ; NOW HE WANTS TO PLAY LIKE HE'S SO INNOCENT. FACE THE FACTS *******, YOU F~~~ AND YOU WILL GET SCREWED!!! YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE JOINT CUSTODY OF ANTHING, BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUS THAT YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE APART OF THAT BEAUTIFUL LITTLE BOY'S LIFE. IT'S ASHAME THAT HE LOOKS JUST LIKE YO STUPID A$$!!! YOU HAD TO GO GET YOU ANOTHER WOMAN TO HAVE YOU A BOY!!!! HA HA HA HA....STUPID FOOL!!!!! TAKE HEED YOUNG MEN.....THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!!! LET THIS FOOL SERVE AS AN EXAMPLE BEHIND COUNTLESS OTHERS!!!!! I'M OUT!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments