« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike MCQueary Email

I DID Stop The Rape

11/15/2011 4:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1115-mike-mcqueary-getty2-bn
Mike McQueary
wrote an email in the last week, griping that he's "getting hammered" unfairly because he claims he stopped Jerry Sandusky from continuing to anally rape a 10-year-old before leaving the locker room in 2002.

The email -- obtained by the Associated Press, reads as follows:

"You are the first person I have told this ... and I don't know you extremely well ... and I have been told bye (sic) officials to not say anything ...."

"I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with the official at the university in charge of police ... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me."

"Do with this what you want ... but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

"This is off record ... again ... I have not and will not say anything to anyone else."

It's unclear who received the email, but it sounds like it was sent to a reporter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ctotten

The shoes I wouldn't want to be in are those poor little boy's. Who cares about McCready's uncomfortable shoes? They are his problem and his own fault for making such a stupid choice. The one and only choice was to grab the kid, wrap him in a towel and call the cops.

Tom

S***bag! Liar! That is not what a real man would do. He should have immediately stopped the rape, took the child with him and called the police. They ALL belong in jail. The conspired to hide the crimes of a repeated child molester. I hope there is an extra hot place in hell for the lot of them.

Deb Colorado

Interesting...not what the grand jury was told. Changing his story out of fear and guilt. This sad, sad man will pay in the end for the decisions he made on that tragic day by not rescuing that precious child. When he looks at his own child every day I want for him to remember what he didn't do. I want the guilt to eat him up both mentally and physically. God help you.

dgh629

And this guy makes an issue of it 9 years later????

Anyone else think this gap in time for bringing this up is odd?

JP

No, idiot, you did not stop the rape. If you stopped the rape, you would have, um...ACTUALLY. STOPPED. THE. RAPE. And then called 911. Or if you're a wimp (which you clearly are), you would have just called 911. Witnessing this horrible CRIME had nothing to do with your job, *******. You don't call your boss, you call the cops. What a moron!

Kelly

This was not in the Grand Jury testimony he gave which was released to the public

WDC

NICE TRY *******! This email was a set up. A desperate attempt to change his story. "I don't know you extremely well"? "but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room"? what he hid until he heard the slapping noises stop? "I did have discussions with the official at the university in charge of police"? yea, WHEN, 2 yrs later?

"Do with this what you want"? you mean please publicize this! "This is off record"? YEA RIGHT ********! EFF YOU AND THE WHOLE STATE OF PENN.

real deal

Well then, I think the next question and Harvey you can correct me if I'm wrong; is did McQuery commit perjury before the grand jury; and aren't there grounds for a charge of perjury now based on the email, if it really was sent by McQuery. The next question is will the DA charge him.

mary

if you see a person raping or hurting a child (or anyone) and you dont go to the police, you are just as guilty of the crime. because of your not contacting the police (not college police) you let this person go on to harm others that would nt be harmed if you spoke up. it could have been your son. these kids were poor so he preyed on the weak, kids who had already been deal a bad hand. this guy is as sickening as the vile man and all involved in the coverup.

molasses

then why didn't the child walk out with mcqueery. you stop a rape and leave the boy with the perp? whatever...

PokerStar

If ever there was time to use these two words: Epic Fail

Janar

To walk away from actually seeing such a thing happening, regardless of whether they saw him or not, is not considered as stopping the incident. He should have physically intervened what he saw happening and should have taken the boy out of the shower right at that moment to safety. And took his chances on having to fight with Sandusky. Other than that, he is just as guilty as sandusky, by letting it continue to happen. And, can you imagine that, the little boy probably thought or was hoping that he was going to be saved, since someone saw what was happening. He was helpless against a grown man, and I'm sure that he was feeling helpless.

This man did not help the boy in any way. No matter who or how many people he reported it to, we now know it didn't matter. What mattered is that this man was a first responder, that acted inappropiately.

Erin

You aren't charged with perjury when you lie in an email, but you are if you lie to a grand jury. So that tells you where the truth lies. Also, other news sources are saying this email was sent to a friend, and the friend shared it on condition of anonymity.

Happy

BS, bet if it was his kid things would have been handled ALOT differently. Hey buddy, you should have spoken up then nobody wants to hear your BS now. Don't think your future is looking too bright.

Penelope

How did he stop it, if not physically? It went on for another 10 years at least! So he lied to the Grand Jury? This is not what he told the Grand Jury. All he is worried about is where he might coach? Never does he apologize to the victims or ask if they are okay. How come he didn't find out immediately who this 10 year old boy in the shower was? They can't find the victim? Why didn't he grab the child and throw his shirt over him and run out the door. Why didn't he ask what the child's name was? Why didn't university police, Joe Paterno, and the rest of these evil people find out that very minute who this child was? The next day: They were not at all concerned with the safety and welfare of an un-named 10 year old? Their entire discussions with every one, including police were how to cover this up. None of this makes sense at all. As Judge Judy says "if it doesn't make sense, it's not true".