« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Mike MCQueary Email

I DID Stop The Rape

11/15/2011 4:29 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1115-mike-mcqueary-getty2-bn
Mike McQueary
wrote an email in the last week, griping that he's "getting hammered" unfairly because he claims he stopped Jerry Sandusky from continuing to anally rape a 10-year-old before leaving the locker room in 2002.

The email -- obtained by the Associated Press, reads as follows:

"You are the first person I have told this ... and I don't know you extremely well ... and I have been told bye (sic) officials to not say anything ...."

"I did stop it, not physically ... but made sure it was stopped when I left that locker room ... I did have discussions with the official at the university in charge of police ... no one can imagine my thoughts or wants to be in my shoes for those 30-45 seconds...trust me."

"Do with this what you want ... but I am getting hammered for handling this the right way ... or what I thought at the time was right ... I had to make tough impacting quick decisions."

"This is off record ... again ... I have not and will not say anything to anyone else."

It's unclear who received the email, but it sounds like it was sent to a reporter.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

cjs

Nine "I" s , ALL about him .. NOT !!! Trying to save his ass but didn't save the kids ass I hate him !!

lgc

If I saw someone VIOLATING a child like that I would intervened. More than likely I would have physically attacked him and maybe even killed the man. What the hell is wrong with these idiots? How could one not think to stop it!? This poor child.
I hope they put Sandusky in will the general population and I hope he is violated in the worst possible way for the rest of his disgusting life.

ginny

he should have done more if he even did stop it which I doubt.

*********hould be locked up!

Sonya in Tx

Red headed liar. No you didn't stop the rape...

fred

You didn't stop it physically means you DIDN'T stop it. Do you actually believe what comes out of your mouth? Ask the poor child if you stopped it. STOP MAKING EXCUSES.

eve from eden

A real man would have busted the jaw of Sandusky. Would have taken the kid to a hospital. Wonder how many missing children are buried on the grounds of Penn?

Christina

you know the sad part of this is if it was his kid being raped he would want it stoped right there and not at a later time, i would want someone to help now and not down the road

CHRIS

HE SAW A KID BEING RAPED AND WALKED AWAY. HE'S JUST AS MUCH A MONSTER AS THE RAPIST. HE GETS NO EMPATHY FROM ME HE DESERVES JAIL FOR NOT STOPPING IT ON THE STOP .

Sharon

so, what, This idiot's presence stopped the rape, and then he promptly left the offender with the victim, instead of taking the child out of Sandusky's clutches. I imagine that child at that moment thought he had absolutely no where to turn, after another adult seemed to condone what was being done to him. It's sickening.

renae

He's trying to split hairs with this defense, he didn't physically stop him and didn't contact police after he saw what happened. With this defense any loud sound "could" have "stopped" he sexual assault.

What also amuses me are all the people typing comments are saying what they, or the real men they know , would have stopped it and kicked his ass. You have NO IDEA what you would do in that situation, I'm sure he would have NEVER thought he would "allow" something like this to
happen...but he did. Hopefully people would do exactly what people are claiming they would to Sandusky but unfortunately I don't think most would do anything much different from what this guy did( maybe calling police?). And I don't expect anyone to be honest about what they would really do, hopefully it's more that this guy did.

alex

McQueary is concerned about his safety and future coaching...hmmmmm let's see did he think about the victim thru the years. When he shud of called 911 but instead he talked to his "daddy". Not even his "daddy" did the right thing by call the police...so sad! so many people knew and did NOTHING!!! The charity where Sandusky worked, Penn State University, the vicitms schools, & principals and no one called the authorities while Sandusky knew of people knowing of his actions he continue to abuse this children... Disgusted!!! our children who they count on any adult to help them they were failed by so many:/ I'm sadden and I hope that the system or justice does not failed them...God Bless the Victims:)

AKER-INS

so how long after this incident did sandusky continue coaching or was he already retired???

aquahenderson@gmail.com

YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A USED Q TIP, AND A SORRY EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN BEING....MAKE YOUR MOTHER PROUD OF YOU...DO YOU THINK SHE IS NOW??????????????

aquahenderson@gmail.com

LOSER you did the right thing? Seriously, if that were your kid and that happened you would have done the right thing and called police, HOW DUMB ARE YOU???? You allowed this to go on for years it is just as much your fault. GO JUMP OFF A BRIDGE.

jen

hey you POS, should it not be 'by" and your choice of words "impacting" is f'd up...your a liar and you did not save that little boy or all the others...don;t try to get rid of your GUILT now...it too late.. you and penn suck