Demi Moore

I'M DIVORCING ASHTON

Cheating Scandal to Blame

11/17/2011 1:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore divorces Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore will divorce Ashton Kutcher, her husband of 6 years ... and she's strongly suggesting it's because of the cheating scandal.

The 49-year-old Moore says she's ending her marriage "with great sadness and a heavy heart."

Demi says, "as a woman, a mother and a wife, there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."

Ashton just tweeted, "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail" -- though it's unclear if this message was approved by his Twitter team.

Demi and Ashton made headlines in September after a 22-year-old woman named Sara Leal claimed she had unprotected sex with him in San Diego.

Sara LealLeal claimed Ashton told her he was "separated" from Demi at the time of the alleged affair.

1117_ashton_demi_footer

CC

Damn, Sara makes Demi look like she's 50!!!

Peaches31410

Good riddance of him. I don't know what she ever saw in that immature BOY / JERK anyway.

She's baaaack

Oh well Demi, it looks like he gave up the ghost. You're strong, you'll be okay. Why not find a mature man next go-round. On the other hand, if that trollop thinks she meant something to him she's sadly mistaken. She's been rode hard and put away wet.

whateverhomewrecker

Don't grieve for the homeless looking boy-toy to long Demi! He's a loser, his sloppy seconds show will be canceled soon. Get with your besties and have some FUN. Despite what some of these other comments say you're not going to have trouble in the male department!

MissKnownUnknown

Rule is : 10 year difference will never work. She should have known..it's the classic 7 year itch. My heart still goes out to Demi, eat something girl, forget about that hottie and move on. You can do better! :)

Paige

Sara, another clown that has no objection to playing with a married man.

rklewis2

Boyz will do what Boyz can do; and Demi will be BLESSED to find a REAL MAN that is more than 3/4 of one Ashton is-lacking experience and appreciation of the REAL WOMAN that she always has been with or without him-she will remain so inside and out! no compromise on vow breaking Demi GO GIRL!

jellen

"one of the hardest things in the world"...are you serious?? I mean, it takes some work at times...but the hardest thing in the world? I used to like you, Ashton. Now I think you're sort of a tool!

Jonathan

As an older woman (past her prime) she should have known she wouldn't have been able to keep him happy.

tcali

This is why you do not leave your spouse for shallow reasons!!!!

as

How is this any different than Tiger? I hope he loses his Nikon endorsements and whatever else he has because of this.

Scotty

Poor Demi! I hate men who can't control themselves!

tazer

I bet he really wanted out of the marriage to this dried up old hag!

virgosiempre

I voted to not give another chance but not the reason of most. Infidelity should not end a marriage. I believe he was too young, was still evolving as a man and cause of marriage failure. Ashton is still maturing. He may want a family of his own. Who knows. It takes unconditional love and maturity to make a marriage work. Ashton was young and naive. I hope they both find peace and happiness.

Heidi

Most of us knew this wouldn't last 'longterm'..... But, I bet she had a lot of fun the first few years..... Kudos' to her..... Time to move on for both.....