Demi Moore

I'M DIVORCING ASHTON

Cheating Scandal to Blame

11/17/2011 1:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore divorces Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore will divorce Ashton Kutcher, her husband of 6 years ... and she's strongly suggesting it's because of the cheating scandal.

The 49-year-old Moore says she's ending her marriage "with great sadness and a heavy heart."

Demi says, "as a woman, a mother and a wife, there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."

Ashton just tweeted, "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail" -- though it's unclear if this message was approved by his Twitter team.

Demi and Ashton made headlines in September after a 22-year-old woman named Sara Leal claimed she had unprotected sex with him in San Diego.

Sara LealLeal claimed Ashton told her he was "separated" from Demi at the time of the alleged affair.

1117_ashton_demi_footer

Jim in Cali

Sara Leal >>> Demi Moore

Ashton is winning

Lilly Pad

Felt sorry for Demi,....she was foolish enough this idiot was a man,.....sad,sad mistake. What makes rhis worse is Demi's kids got attached to him.Regardless o****e, children are still affected. Demi may have serious ego issues,....but she's a great mom, as Bruce is as a dad,....Bruce will be a great friend to Demi. Also important, Demi is a talented woman and Ashton could never ever reach that level of competence. He might be a media giant, and social networking aficianado(sp),....but has NO acting talent. Good luck Demi, and the girls as well

two cents

The curse of the role of charlie harper! Good riddance. Thank goodness they didn't have any kids.

me

Awe sorry Demi, I hope that you find joy and peace. You are beautiful and have great kids. Age is just a thing, everyone has to deal with sooner or later. But I think you are great and talented and wonderful. I hope to see you in something great. I'll definately buy a ticket!! Much love and support girl!

Barbarascy

It's always sad when a marriage ends, but in this case enough is enough. No woman should have to put up with the kinds of things she has in the last year. If a man is not treating you right you kick his ass to the curb. Age has nothing to do with it. If two people really love each other they have the utmost respect, honesty, and maturity towards each other. One does not have unprotected sex with some groupie who then blabs about it to the whole world. Then to top it off there is a prior allegation similar in fashion against Kutcher. Maybe Demi is not easy to live with, but there is a better way of dealing with it than publicly humiliating her and exposing her to diseases and drama. There are usually three sides to a story and so I am sure that Ashton had his share of problems with Demi. But nobody knows anything about what they could be and that's the way it should be.

dvd91757

let me see if i have this right,she holds these things sacred?how did she end up with A.K did she NOT cheat on Bruce

Jodi

This is no shocker to anyone. I thought they were in the process of getting divorced last month.

Anyone notice how Ashton's character martial status on "Men" is mirroring his martial status in real life. His character's wife has long brown hair, but she's younger than Demi, and she just sent Walden his divorce papers. His character was very sad about the divorce at first but it seems like he's gotten over it just like Ashton did in real life.

OhWowLike

I wonder if having sex with the young 'uns will be as much fun for Ashton, post d.i.v.o.r.c.e. He's one passive aggressive little mofo, I gotta say. What a scrotum.

Raejean

I'm sorry they couldn't make a go of it. Not sure I understand why they're talking settlement in the multi-millions. Both have money, assets, careers, and I hope for Demi's sake, a good pre-nup.

Raejean

Throwback kid

Demi Moore should date Wesley Snipes when he gets out of prison. They are the same age, they have both been through failed relationships and have the maturity to make it work and neither of them want any kids. Though Wesley is older than Ashton I believe he could satisfy her better than him. Just look at his scene in Jungle Fever, he knows what a white woman needs.

Amy

At her age she had to work to hard to keep herself looking closer to his age.

She is very beautiful, but she will never be a hot 20 something again!

nycsep

She conveniently waited until the Kim Kardashian divorce news slowed down.

Carl

I wonder if they really broke up because of cheating or if Ashton cheated because the marriage was essentially over anyway? I'm not giving Ashton a pass here, just saying that it may not have come out of the blue.

jack

ashton just tweeted? I thought he gave it up because of his lack of intelligence?