Demi Moore

I'M DIVORCING ASHTON

Cheating Scandal to Blame

11/17/2011 1:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Demi Moore divorces Ashton Kutcher
Demi Moore will divorce Ashton Kutcher, her husband of 6 years ... and she's strongly suggesting it's because of the cheating scandal.

The 49-year-old Moore says she's ending her marriage "with great sadness and a heavy heart."

Demi says, "as a woman, a mother and a wife, there are certain values and vows that I hold sacred, and it is in this spirit that I have chosen to move forward with my life."

Ashton just tweeted, "I will forever cherish the time I spent with Demi. Marriage is one of the most difficult things in the world and unfortunately sometimes they fail" -- though it's unclear if this message was approved by his Twitter team.

Demi and Ashton made headlines in September after a 22-year-old woman named Sara Leal claimed she had unprotected sex with him in San Diego.

Sara LealLeal claimed Ashton told her he was "separated" from Demi at the time of the alleged affair.

1117_ashton_demi_footer

3Storms

Congrats to Sara Leal for being a homewrecker with absolutely no shame

Sassy

I don't think anyone is shocked. Heck, they lasted longer than most thought they could!

I think a lot of people felt that at some point Ashton would want his OWN kids, not someone's practically grown teenagers, though I'm sure he loved them like they were his own. But let's face it, Demi was not about to start popping out kids again. She's now 47 and as far as babies, it's sort of 'been there, done that' for her. That's not a bad thing, it's just a fact.

Despite all of that, it does not excuse cheating! Not by a long shot. Demi is one hot woman and the supposed "other" woman can't compete with Demi! Whomever he cheated with was not some potentially permanent girlfriend, but a one night stand.

Melissa

These skanks need to find some self respect. They need to hide their faces in shame instead of wh*ring themselves out for 15 minutes of so called fame. You have no class, no values, no morals and are disgusting. STAY AWAY FROM MARRIED MEN UNTIL THE DIVORCE PAPERS ARE SIGNED!!!

Bu

The real story is that supposedly January Jones baby is Ashton's baby.

John Galt

Ashton, just think of all the money that you are going to save on lube!

Rob

Why you losers worship these vapid twits is inexplicable.

Larz R

WRONG Ashton- losing a child, getting cancer, being hit by a MACK TRUCK- THOSE are some of the hardest things in the world to deal with- NOT MARRIAGE. Marriage can be great when you aren't a self obsessed over paid indulgent weanie celebrity. You should have simply said 'Keeping my d*ck is my pants is one of the hardest things in the world'. Ugh- NEXT.

Ginger

Hey Ashton, should we all not believe what we read now?

Nissen

She's doing it to save face, obviously. She knows Ashton will eventually leave her, so she does it to come of as the leaver, rather than become the leavee. The cheating gave her a early way out on an inevitable outcome.

What I Think

Maybe he'll marry Betty White next.

me

Unfortunately he will probably sleep with several women. We will have to hear and see if for the next few years. Then he will meet someone they will say it is true love and then have kids. More cheating, Duh! Next step another divorce. Only now their will be a single Mom, support payments etc. Then he will live his remaining days an old bachelor. Move on Demi, hold your head high. You don't need to deal with the mess coming. Oh I forgot he will talk about how he misses Demi and she was the love of his life. Dun, Dun, Dun...

Don Martin

Yeah! It was over when Ashton called Demi, "Mommie" in the trawls of passion.

Deb Colorado

She is better off. He gained his notoriety by latching onto her. Good luck to you, Demi.

Vicki

Thank you and bless you Demi for giving me the courage to take a long, hard look at my marriage to someone who also cheated. There is no reason to stay in a marriage where pain rules the heart. I am seriously considering after your heartfelt statement of ending my own marriage after 18 years.

SoThere

Come on, they're from different generations. Not surprised.
Sorry Demi, you can change the way you look by surgery but you
can't stop the clock. Find someone your own age!