« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Andre the Giant

Family Speaks Out Over

Jason Segel's 'SNL' Impression

11/21/2011 2:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jason Segel as Andre the Giant
Andre the Giant
's family was watching when Jason Segel impersonated the late wrestler on "Saturday Night Live" this weekend ... AND THEY LOVED IT!!

Segel starred in a sketch called, "Andre the Giant Chooses an Ice Cream Flavor" -- in which he conjures up the legend's voice PERFECTLY while discussing the pros and cons of mint chip.

Now, TMZ has spoken with a rep for Andre's estate ... who tells us, "Jason Segel nails this impression and demonstrates with good humor that Andre's legacy continues to be relevant and has a big impact on the entertainment industry."

As for Andre's REAL favorite ice cream flavor -- we're lookin' into it ... seriously.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

ivona poyntz

Well, it WAS funny

James

Are they gonna get offended by Andore from Final Final too?

cagefighterSam

Andre's favourite ice-cream flavour was BEER!

MIDNIGHT TOKER

ANDRE WAS THE KING OF ALL ..HE POUNDEDHULK HOGAN INTO SUBMISSION

Titoburrito

Anybody want a peanut?

johnny t

Jason Segal is not a funny man. Period.

Dennis Johnson

I worked with Andre(wrestling)and Vince would get me to drive him when his friend Frank V could not(he spoke French).I can remember that we use to stop at an ice cream shop in New York and he got a 5 stacked butterpecan cone.

Freddy

I'm sure if Andre was living he would be cool with it he had a great sense of humor jus*****ch The Princess Bride. Now if Segel can do a Dusty Rhodes impression than that would be really impressive.

Isla

Oh that was sweet! He was on my airplane as a passenger years ago when I was a flight attendant.....he was so huge that when he fell asleep with his mouth open it looked like a hot tub in there! RIP

Dennis D

Not funny. In fact it was stupid

jamie

andre was my hero when i was a kid,i got to meet him in 1977,i will never forget that day,thanks snl for keeping him alive in our hearts

Hen

Hasn't Andre the Giant been dead for like 20 years. I know SNL stopped being funny over 10 years ago. Are they this desperate for material that's not that funny to begin with that the have to dress a guy up in a costume that he wore in a movie from 1987. Pathetic time to cancel SNL

wjwolpert

I understand that "the Giant" (Mr. Roussimoff) was himself a class act. (Example: Arnold Skaaland tells how André wished he could see a Broadway play. Arnold offered to buy tickets, but André turned down the opportunity, saying he was too big for the seats and people behind him would not be able to see.)

It appears his family shares that quality. They recognized "the sincerest form of flattery" in the SNL sketch and embraced it. I for one applaud the Roussimoff estate for being excellent sports.

gwen01

like I said before my post was deleted; I think we just found Khloe Kardashian's father!!

Garlicqueen17

I love & miss you Andre the Giant--loved you the most in the "Princess Bride" You are so funny & talented beyond your wrestling abilities--wish you were here to show us more,remember we love you--you big lug you!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments