Ashton Kutcher

Last Ditch Effort

To Save Marriage

11/21/2011 8:48 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore
Less than two weeks before Demi Moore announced she would divorce Ashton Kutcher, he threw a Hail Mary to save the marriage ... in the form of a lavish, eco-friendly gift.

According to our sources, Ashton contacted a high-end car company, to buy a new set of wheels for Demi's birthday. We're told Ashton picked out a 2012 Lexus LS 600h L -- and paid North of $100,000.

The car Ashton Kutcher bought Demi Moore -- a Lexus LS 600h
Our sources say Ashton wanted a quick deal -- bagging the luxury hybrid on November 9, just two days before Demi's birthday.

If it was meant to win back Demi ... clearly it didn't work. We don't know if Demi accepted the vehicle or if Ashton was able to give it back to the car company.

On the upside -- 22 mpg!

janet

Who cares. Why is this such a surprise. They haven't been happy for a while. As good as she looks she is pushing 50 and 13 yr age difference. 9-10 times it simply just doesn't work.

Antwone

This story is complete BS. He does NOT want to stay in the marriage. He does care about Demi, but he needs some of that tight, young stuff. A man has to have that. It's just hardwired.

Maggie

Is 22 mpg supposed to be impressive?

lalaland

I'm sure she found it as insulting as I would under those cir****tances. And, unlike Demi, I couldn't afford to buy one myself. I'd still be insulted and tell him to shove it where the sun don't shine. As soon as I got my boot out of there.

Allison

Ugh this makes me sad, I thought for sure they were going to make it :(

Kari

So...buying a car is supposed to make his cheating ok? Probably good they are getting divorced.

dan

my 2001 gets 20+ miles a gallon .... is that last statement a joke ! ....pathetic just like asshton

Missy

Keep your d*ck in your pants....that usually helps! And a POS Lexus? Come on!

always

Why would you want someone that wants to sleep with other women rather then men??? And to boot old enough to be your mother??? You need to find a decent young lady and get married and one that can give you a family. Demi is over the hill, best thing that could have happened to you.

The Fame Whore

Was there even a marriage left to save? I keep reading about their "open marriage," I think that is a mistake. I saw one marriage therapist say that sex between a husband and a wife is the one think those two people share that is unique to the relationship. Once you bring someone else into that union, it's destroyed. You have other friends, but your spouse should remain the only sexual union you have.

I think their openness destroyed them.

tfwreport.com

Connie

Demi, take the car and ride off into the sunset...>WITHOUT HIM!

James Macaroni

Stupid Ashton. He should have bought Demi a bisexual car such as a pink Ford Mustang -- which has a feminine quality to it but with a masculine style. Demi would like that!!!

SeeLiveMusic

Who the hell would waste north of six figures for a glorified TOYOTA? He deserves to be divorced more for that than the cheating.

LadyG

22 Mpg is not so eco friendly where I come from. My measly 14,000 dollar car gets 33 mpg.

Glenda

Okay now this is really a stupid article. I can't imagine anyone winning me back with a car. That's just materialistic don't you think ?. I think Ashton is deeper than that, at least I would hope so. And if Demi did go back to him based on a car, then we'd really have to question her and her morals.