Mike Rowe Sued

I Get Teased in Prison

... and It's All YOUR FAULT!!

11/22/2011 4:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1120_mike_rowe_ex
Mike Rowe
can't stand the nickname "Dirty Jobs" ... he HATES Lee Jeans ... and he's suing mad -- but he's not Mike Rowe the TV star, it's ANOTHER Mike Rowe, who happens to be an inmate at a South Dakota prison.

TMZ has learned ... Mike Rowe (the prisoner) is SUING Mike Rowe (the celebrity) -- claiming he copyrighted the name earlier this year and celebrity Rowe has no right to use it ... but that's just the beginning.

In the docs, Rowe (prisoner) gripes that his life behind bars is a living hell because of his name -- insisting, "I can't live here in prison without being called Dirty Jobs or ... Dirtiest Man."

He adds, "I am subject to this ridicule every day that I live."

As far as the copyright claim goes -- Rowe (prisoner) claims he has a major problem with celebrity Rowe's endorsements -- saying, "Lee Jeans states Mike Rowe wears Lee Jeans or [is] for them. I do not wear nor have ever worn Lee Jeans and further, I am not for them."

Rowe claims he's not a fan of Viva Towels either.

According to prison officials, Rowe was sentenced to several years of hard time after his 3rd and 4th DUI bust.

TMZ called Mike Rowe (the celebrity) for comment -- so far, no response.

Kc

is it just me or does he look like harvey in this picture?

traci

I have an idea. You can't live with it? Oh the pain. DON'T LIVE!!!

WTF!

LMFAO! Is guy is actually serious about this. Take your ass to the wreck yard and lift some damn weights.

Lina

What a dumbf*ck. You can't copyright a given name. If you don't want to be made fun of by degenerates in jail, then don't become one yourself. I find it hilarious when inmates like this get all butthurt about things beyond their basic rights while in jail. You're alive, you're being fed adequately, and you're not getting your ass beaten or raped. He should count his blessings, and remember that it's called "punishment" for a reason.

Jamie

My 2 1/2 year old is named Mike Rowe. Can we sue too?

m1k33

LMFAO Mike Rowe(Prisoner) probably serving time in prison because of drug use

Yepzie

I'm from TN and my neighbors name is Mike Rowe. I guess he should sue too because I don't think he likes Lee jeans, not sure what kindo of paper towels he uses.

kelsey

I wonder how he feels about Ford Trucks. Mike Rowe (Celebrity) endorses those too.

Krispy

Mike Rowe (celeb) hasn't responded cause he is probably STILL laughing at this! This guys is a loser. Hey Prison Rowe, DONT DROP THE SOAP!!!

diamondsaredumb

"He's not a fan of viva towels, either." classic.

Kaffee

Did he ever sober up?

alyx

That is called frivolous lawsuit. STUPID

ProudBaseballMom

oh please. this prisoner is a complete moron. Seriously? He must have been drunk when he filed his lawsuit. And WTF (not "what" but "why" TF are prisoners allowed to file lawsuits? You're in jail for breaking the law. these losers should NOT have access to filing lawsuits - FOR ANY REASON. Sit you drunk a-- back down on your cell bed freak and STFU with your stupid blatherings and STOP CLOGGING up our already effed up justice system with your baseless lawsuits.

Dontaesreese

Prisoner Rowe! Stick to the sweet little nickname your cellmate gave you, and the number the D.O.C gave you and you won't get your feelings hurt.

Flower

To tellmeaboutit : 12 hours ago
Actually, Mike Rowe is much more of a celebrity than most of those people that are revered as such. With an extensive history of hosting, narration, presentation, and, yes, even opera, he has more time and experience in entertainment than many "stars". Mike Rowe rocks!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments