Mike Rowe

Responds to Same-Name Lawsuit

BLAME MY PARENTS!

11/22/2011 10:45 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1122_mike_rowe_ex
Mike Rowe (the celebrity) tells TMZ ... he understands why Mike Rowe (the prisoner) has a beef about his name ... telling us, "The guy has a good point, I've wanted to sue myself for years now."

TMZ broke the story ... some unfamous prison inmate in South Dakota named Mike Rowe is suing the celebrity -- claiming he's constantly being harassed behind bars because they share the same name. He's also pissed that Lee Jeans claims Mike Rowe wears their product ... because "I am not for them."

Now, Mike Rowe (the celeb) is responding to the suit ... telling TMZ, "My attorneys are taking the charges very seriously. Naturally, since I got my last name from my Dad, I'm preparing my own lawsuit against him."

He adds, "And since my first name was my Mother's idea, she'll be named as well. It's a bit awkward, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna be left holding the bag on this one."

"If they'd named me Steve or Frank, none of this would be an issue.  As for the other Mike Rowe, I really do feel his pain, and can only suggest that he avoid Lee jeans while behind bars. They really do make your butt look good."

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE

hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!! fantastic response!!!!!

janet

Wonder if Mike Rowe the (con )is pen pals with Lindsay Lohan? Hell, she wants to sue anyone who has the common name Lindsay. Well then again, Mike the (con), bending over is a 'dirty job' and no Lee Jeans required.

Mike Rowe is cool, takes this garbage with a grain of salt and a sence of humor.

Franko

To the jailbird Rowe, I'd say to him something he's probably already heard from his cellmates," Suck it up, pansy"
Classic zinger from celeb Rowe. The guy has great comebacks and one of the reasons I watched the show.

charley

Dont worry about it....the idiots in Prison...so who is going to take anything serious, some low life thug is whinning about......youre in prison azz ole!

Canada

Best response EVER!!!! Go Mike...the celeb not the tool in prison.

Allison

HAHAHA! How do you like them apples?

Doctor Joystick

Ahahahahaha!!! He made a butt rape joke!!!

Miami

Truly the first funny thing this guy's ever said. To think he's built a TV career on lame wise cracks... After you sue yourself Mike learn from your response above and find a way to get funny, that is if you're going to keep trying to make a living at it.

Kaffee

Love this guy!

Amber

LMFAO!!!! He is so freaking funny. Lee jeans $30. Lawsuit 1 million dollars. Sense of humor when your being served with a lawsuit Priceless. Love Mike Rowe.

Carl

Mike is way too clever for some idiot to try and make a buck off of him. The prisoner has obviously never seen anything Mike has been in, otherwise he'd know that celeb Mike would make prisoner Mike look more ridiculous than he already is.

kali

I <3 the real Mike! Greaaaattt response!

Annie