T.I.

Goes Cold Turkey for Charity

11/23/2011 7:23 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1123-turkey-day-PrinceWilliams-EXDA newly freed T.I. gave thanks in Atlanta yesterday ... in the form of 300 delicious turkeys -- which the rapper generously handed out during a charity drive for children in need.

The photos were taken at The Carrie Steele-Pitts Home -- a childcare agency for abused and neglected children -- and sources close to the rapper tell TMZ, T.I. chose to give back at the institution because he had a rough childhood himself ... and wants to instill a sense of family in the kids.

T.I. tells us, "It's an honor and a pleasure to be able to be there and serve those who need me most in the community."

om

Real charity isn't a photo op.

willjb0456

Nobody is perfect but God bless T.I. he's doing a great thing by giving back to the community.

i just hope that he straightens up and learn from his past mistakes and realize life is not all about money & the fame but helping people that are less fortunate.

SUN

You know, this guy is really speaks like he is highly intelligent... if he could just keep hi act together- I think he could go on to do amazing things for mankind.

GAG

So what are the other celebrities doing for the lesser-than-human homeless and hungry outcasts in our society? No doubt they will be faking it up at the Fred Jordan Skid Row Mission tomorrow. Every photo-op I see in California is about hispanic/latino recipients of "thanksgiving turkeys and trimmings". South of the U.S. border - these same people aren't into eating turkey. Why are they gobbling up for this U.S. holiday? I am not a T.I. fan but I support his efforts and motives - some people in his community are being helped and fed.

TK

If I'm addicted to cold turkey, how do I kick that habit???

God-Of-Lyf

He's got some extra brown stuff on his nose and it's not his skin color. Just Saying. Just another photo op for a worthless celebrity...!

Anthony Ada Abraham

Thank T.I has turned philanthropist... may be you will come to *****ia to see some of our orphanages...

Pebblebeach