'Idol' Champ Scotty McCreery

Massive Lip Sync Flub

at Thanksgiving Day Parade

11/24/2011 6:50 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

It was definitely Scotty McCreery's voice this morning during a special performance at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade -- but there was one big problem ... Scotty's lips weren't moving.

It's no shocker singers lip sync at the big parade -- but this morning, the newly-minted "American Idol" winner made it painfully obvious ... when he started "singing" one of his songs just a tad too late.

Check out the clip. It's pretty damn awkward.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Kàt

OMG Now we know for sure the world is going to end....Dec 2012 has nothing on this 'sure sign!'

some guy

Who? Sorry, I don't really watch karaoke competitions.

jojo

Did anybody noticed Avril Lavigne started lip synching a few words of her song while she had her microphone by her waist line? I don't think so, because nobody posted any comments on this.That's when I realized that all of the stars wlll be doing the lip synching. I think that most people watching the parade in the streets of NYC were busy looking at all the floats and baloons and most of them didn't notice the error (except for those watching the television) or made a big deal about it until everybody posted it. I saw it and I didn't see him looking stunned or red faced. He picked it up fast and went on like a trooper. Blame the person giving the cues. He or she could be the one to blame for the error. Who knows? Stop making a big deal about it. Repeatedly posting this error is cruel.

P.D.

Just letting you know that everyone lip synchs in the Macy's Parade...so this is really not a big deal. They make everyone lip synch.

Jane

Scotty recovered and did a great job. I was so excited that I didn't even notice until I saw it on YOUTUBE!! Why do mean people try to rain on Scotty's parade? He is such a talented singer and such a great person!!!!! I don't see how anyone could ever be negative toward him.

Jane

Why is everyone trying to make such a big deal out of Scotty missing 4 words? It wasn't that big of deal. I didn't even notice until I saw it on YOUTUBE where all the mean people posted it like it was the worst mistake ever made. Pleezzzzzzzzzzz, get over it people. Scotty is a fantastic singer and person. Leave him alone!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

Strokadellic
It's easy to tell what kind of person you are by your hobby. Leave Scotty McCreery alone!!! He is doing great in Country music and your opinion isn't important at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5