'It's So Cold In The D'

Rapper Says She's GRATEFUL

for 'Beavis & Butt-Head' Jokes

11/25/2011 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

T-Baby
It pays to be zinged by "Beavis & Butt-Head" ... at least according to the Detroit rapper who's been BLOWIN' UP since the duo featured her music video for the YouTube hit, "It's So Cold in the D" on their show earlier this month.

TMZ spoke with T-Baby -- aka Latonya Miles -- who tells us she doesn't mind that B&B cracked some jokes about her on the MTV show ... because producers forked over a few THOUSAND dollars to get her permission.

T-Baby says, "People have been making fun of me my whole life ... so, it's no big deal because I'm still getting paid from them ... so I'm laughin' all the way to the bank."

T-Baby also says her exposure on the show has given her the "biggest kick off to my career ever."

The rapper says she's getting paid $4k for every year the show featuring her video is aired on MTV -- explaining, "I already got my $4,000 for this year and I'm expecting it every year for the next five years."

Sincerity

There's no denying it!!! This video is simply "AWFUL"!!! However, I admire T-Baby's determination to memorialize the loss of her close friends due to "BLACK ON BLACK" violence. Regardless of the "SHOTTY" quality of her work, she shouldn't have allowed MTV to take advantage of her. Considering what MTV pays those Jersey Shore "TACK HEADS", she could have gotten a much better deal. She should have at least gotten enough to pay for a decent college education which will take her a lot further in life. This poor Sistah will "STARVE TO DEATH", if she has to perform for a living!!!

Jackie

I saw that episode...that was THE WORST video/song EVER!!!! Why is this popular?...is it because it's so bad it's funny?..I've only seen it on Beavis and Butthead

Vernon P. Alarcon

jus keeping it real...that's hot
makes me want to rush to D D D Detroit
i ax myself, why can't black girls write cool songs like Rebecca Black?
Harvey, the squinting gay dwarf should record a version of this song.

Jdawg

Yea she b getting a Career Boost,,When they put more street corners in Detroit.

YouDontSay

I love butthead's dancing. Good for T-baby!!!

I am Spartacus

Good for her for getting her $4,000 a year. For most people still lucky enough to have a steady and well paying job $4,000 is about what we'd spend on a vacation but "It's So Hard in the D" so $4,000 will help her with something she really needs. Although i don't see that money last too long.

But its not like she has leverage to negotiate. She asks for anything more they just move on to the next awful video.

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Who does a music video in the Cemetery? Nevertheless, she'll blow that 4g by days end on the most dumbiest ish you can find in Detroit and which probably is a new outfit, manicure/pedicure, a brand new weave and a six month supply of Newports because foolio's like that don't know how to manage money.

Nicoleasm

4000 is not bad for a you tube video... I only make 16/hr @ my job, school full time, so if I can make a video of myself doing a dance and a rap for 4k, id do it! I can always use xtra thousands in my pocket for no reason at all every year! That would pay for my housing and I'd have more time to study...I'm sure there's something u guys would do that money to!

Ms. Scarlet

Looking at this chick made me almost throw up my lunch...and I'm talking Thanksgiving leftovers here.

I sincerely hope she takes some of that money and buys herself some better hair, clothing and makeup.

I'd tell her to buy a house, but in Detroit, what's the point?

Deryck

The link is down. Viacom owes us at least one free clip for years of unfurling Jersey Shore, and dozens of other bottom of the barrel, crappy reality shows on an innocent, defenseless American public.

Dayna

OMG! That is for real??? I thought it was made up just for B & B.

Jodi

Wait....am I reading this right!!! She gets $4,000 A YEAR, not a week, but a year and she's guaranteed $4,000 every year for the next 5 years which comes to $20,000. WTH. I know the folks at MTV had a good laugh over this and are still laughing. SMH.

Carl

You should have pointed out that even prior to B&B the video was popular only because it was awful. Sort of like Rebecca Black, only worse.

Selks

Unadulterated honesty. Right or wrong it's straight out from the gut but it's not malicious. I've been in real life living rooms where people have made comments just like that and still laugh when I think about them. Glad to seem 'em come back. Would like to see Daria too!

RachesRules

Real Housewives of Detroit...love em!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments