« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Jason Taylor Investment Broker

Ran Off With

$275,000 of My Money!

11/27/2011 6:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1125_jason_taylor_EX_01
Jason Taylor has made a living out of chasing down quarterbacks -- now the NFL star is trying to chase down the man he says bilked him out of more than a quarter of a million dollars!

According to a lawsuit filed back in August, Taylor claims he gave $500,000 to a man named Eric Kim, who told Taylor he was an experienced securities investor. Taylor alleges Kim promised to invest the money on Taylor's behalf, and would do so without charging any fees ... except for 10% of whatever profits he made.

But alas ... Taylor says from August 2009 until March 2011, Kim "misappropriated" $275,269.10 of the money Taylor gave him. According to Taylor, Kim wrote 37 checks from the account he set up with Taylor's money ... 32 of which were either made out to Kim himself or to his good friend "cash."

Taylor is suing for fraud, among other things, and is looking for his money back, plus costs.

update_bar
Kim's lawyer denies all of Taylor's claims, and tells TMZ, "Jason's lawsuit is another example of a celebrity who is unable to handle his money and a friend who attempts to assist him at his request, who now gets blamed for poor results ... We look forward to all of the facts of this matter coming out in the courts or an arbitration tribunal."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

paul a.

10% of profit instead of fees?
That is really low. Too good to be true for that kind of deal and should have been his first clue that something was amiss....

patty

a fool and his money are soon parted

stock trader

ok, simple web search finds:
eric kim moved from chicago to miami in 2003 after getting caught up in selling "investments" such as bogus real estate, phony units in limited partnerships, etc. in miaimi he has been trying to sell franchise businesses (wall organizers) and developing tropical islands (no joke). net, this guys is a con man that anyone with internet access and 80 IQ points can figure out.
Question is: why couldn't Jason Taylor? Doesn't he have people? a case of buyer beware - imho.

TeeBow

eric kim was from chicago and needed to move to florida because his game was catching up to him. he was sued multiple times for the same nonsense (real estate scams, phony limited partnerships, etc). This is all on the web. Question is, why couldn't Jason Taylor do some basic research before investing? (hopefully eric kim's wife did some basic research before she married him?)

Truth

"I SEE DUMB PEOPLE!!" SRUSLY, DOES IDIOTS LIKE TAYLOR CHECK THE GUY OUT BEFORE HANDING HIM MOOLA? THOUGHT THAT'S WHAT THE NET IS THERE FOR... HMM. TRUTH!!

Realityviews

Facts: Eric Kim has NEVER been sued in the past in any state for fraud,for those of you making this claim why not provide a link? I also know for a fact that the "wall organizer" company was actually an investment made by him that went bad because the original founder was not a good guy and Eric was forced to take over. He moved to Florida in 2001 after his father suddenly passed away to be closer to his older only brother. The commentators on this board need to be careful what they say and get the facts straight. Eric and his wife have 2 beautiful daughters and god willing he gets through this nonsense.

Realityviews

Why is the focus on Eric Kim? Let's see how Jason Taylor has done in his investments. Here is a link http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2007-04-26/business/0704250624_1_taylor-s-new-game-jason-taylor-foundation-tropical-smoothie-cafe

All failures! With BioHeart being a doosey! A simple internet search of Jason Taylor and BioHeart gets you a lot of interesting reading material.

Look like Jason has failed at Investing and is getting desperate by suing people. Think about it if you made over $60...mil in your career why would you bother over $250K?

TeeBow

here's one
eventually dismissed but with prejudice: meaning evidence was sufficent to refiled.

my parents have lost everything to a dishonest broker. it does not matter how much someone has, you should not be stealing. Jason Taylor might be the world's worst investor, clearly allowing someone to write checks to cash and not reconciling the account would qualify. i am sure eric wanted a big win, but was down on his luck and had bills to pay.

in our case it was to a gambler that changed my parents' account address to his own to avoid detection. he was going to win our money back...and i honestly believe he did not think he was stealing. he wanted to pay us back, just had a streak of bad luck.

I feel most sorry for eric's family, who probably had no idea what was going on. i remember seeing the wife of my parent's broker crying in court. even though she had nothing to do with it, i realized that she was as much of a victim as my parents.

Realityviews

Really TeeBow? You provide a link to a suit that has been dismissed over 8 years ago against that poor guy. You should also understand the law, as dismissed with prejudice does mean you could refile "IF" you had the evidence to do so, and in this case I could not find a refile against Eric Kim. Listen TeeBow, I too have lost a lot of money in investing but I never blamed anybody else but myself. We live in a wonderful country but as history has shown anybody can file a lawsuit against anybody for any reason, and we all love to rush to judgement before all the facts actually come out. Does anybody but the Lawyers actually win in a lawsuit? Gotta love those lawyers out there!

Simon Henry

Good Day,

Thanks
Simon Henry

Simon Henry

Good Day,
I am urgently in need of someone who can help me invest my funds in his Country for mutual cooperation and benefit. If interested respond back for more details, I will appreciate your quick response in this regards on my e-mail box simonhenry41@ibibo.com

Thanks