T.I.

Some Gays are 'Not American'

11/27/2011 6:42 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1126_ti_tmz
T.I. thinks gays need to get over themselves ... at least the ones who try and muzzle people from telling harmless jokes.

T.I. was discussing gay rights with Vibe magazine -- an issue he says he supports -- and then mentioned Tracy Morgan's controversial comments earlier this year:

"Man, I will say this, the funniest joke I ever heard Tracy say during a stand-up was, 'C'mon man, I think gay people are too sensitive. If you can take a d**k, you can take a joke.' [Cracks up laughing.] That s**t was funny to me. And it’s kind of true."

Then T.I. unloaded ... talking about oversensitivity in the gay community, which he believes betrays the First Amendment which guarantees freedom of speech.

"They’re like,‘If you have an opinion against us, we’re gonna shut you down.’ ... That’s not American. If you’re gay you should have the right to be gay in peace, and if you’re against it you should have the right to be against it in peace."

So we ask ...

AnnieSH

EVERYBODY is sensitive nowadays. But I know this: best gay jokes I hear comes from gays. Best blonde jokes comes from blondes. But if someone who is NOT gay, black, blonde, etc, it is ALWAYS is taken as an insult. But it also depends on what TYPE of joke it is. If it's one to actually discriminate or demean whomever, then of course it's not funny, but if it's only friendly bantering then it should be taken as harmless teasing.

My last bf was Mexican and was teased each other constantly. "What is that? A Mexican thing?" .. "What is THAT? An Irish thing?" One of the funniest jokes I've seen was a gay bumper sticker:

"Be a man. Get your d*ck pierced."

A lesbian friend stuck her tongue out at me once and asked me what that was. A: A lesbian with a hard on.

cbk

Isn't that what that black community does by saying you're racist?

srafeel

I can't believe he said that..He had a off moment. You can't make someone be with somebody they don't want to be with. EVERYBODY HAS TO LIVE THEIR OWN LIVES. @jason (NO ONE ELSE) what catches bugs like a dog, has skin that practically can be torn off in old age, will burn up if in the sun too long?

an0ma1y

If you're black then do I have the right to be against that in peace?

Jason

I'm a gay person. Lots of gays and lesbians face abuse and harrasment due to homophobia, and when you have celebrities making homophobic comments it the encourages other people to be homophobic. Nobody is born anti-gay, people become anti-gay. Heterosexuals seriously have no idea at how much hate we glbt people face, and some of the comments on this page prove my point.

Carla

I agree. People make fun of whites all the time and they can't say anything. But a gay joke is off limits. Not fair

kie

I think a lot of us are super sensitive right now because of all the suicides lately . But I agree with him a lot of people like to go crazy and make a big deal when someone voices negative opinions about the gay community, when its just an opinion and everyone's entitled to them .

teddyheffner

But in a country where thinking for yourself isn't encouraged how do you determine when a gay joke is just hurting someone's feelings vs. being funny how and where do u draw tha line?

carla

I hate to say it, but I got jumped and beaten because I was white when I went to school. We all go thru it now. Equal treatment for all.

jason

He obviously is insecure. From being in prison for so long, I'm sure all he got was **** and now feels ashamed since he's back to reality.

Dale

He's 100% correct. Gays have caused a lot of their own problems, all their whining has created more hatred towards them. They think they deserve special treatment over everyone else.

carla

Tmz. Why do u print this and not all the daily racist comments made against whites? What's the difference? U r being part of the problem. There's a lot of attacks on a lot of people all the time. Why call this one out?

logan

What an idiot this moron is. So I guess regarding the N word, black people just need to chillax right? So stupid. Words are powerful you moronic a hole! Maybe you could take the opportunity to expand your vocabulary. Use different words if that's not to hard for you...

dey

You can choose to bang someone in the poop hole whenever you want but trust me you cant wake up one day and decide to be black, white, latino. e.t.c. Being gay is not a race, or religion. Stop comparing them. sheesh.

teedofftaxpayer

I wonder how far I'll get telling jokes with the "N" word? Betcha some one makes a big deal about that. Or maybe I'll use the "S" word when I'm talking to room full of latinos, or "W" word when I'm talking to a room full of Italians, or maybe the "M" word when I'm talking to bunch of Irish. Oh the list goes on.

Of course it wouldn't mean anything to most of you, most of you are insensitive twits.