Dr. Murray's Mom

Begs Judge for Mercy

11/28/2011 4:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

1128_conrad_murray_Document-Launch_exd
Dr. Conrad Murray's mother says she's "suffering" from overwhelming sadness because her only son is incarcerated -- and has begged the judge to go easy on the Doc when it comes to his sentence.

Mrs. Milta Rush sent a letter to Judge Pastor -- explaining why Murray deserves mercy ... because he's a good person who has "never drank alcohol, took drugs or smoked cigarettes in his life."

Milta explains, "He has never been in trouble with the law before and I am barely standing, scared and worried sick about him being incarcerated."

"He is saddened and remorseful about the death of his friend Michael Jackson and I do believe he is certainly learning the toughest lesson of his life."

Milta continues, "I sympathize with Mrs. Jackson as a mother; I feel her pain for having lost her son. I sense she was very close to her son. I really wanted to approach her personally and tell her I am sorry for the loss of her son but I was unsure if she would be receptive, and I did not want to take the chance of violating the courts rules. I am sorry for her loss."

"Judge Pastor, Conrad, is my son and as a mother I must say I know him inside out. He is sorry for what happened to Michael and had no intent towards him."

"I humbly beg for your heart felt  consideration of everything I have said about Conrad, and ask for your compassion and leniency in giving him probation or community service."

Dr. Murray's sentencing hearing is scheduled for tomorrow.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Castleman

There has been enough pain and suffering for everyone in this situation. Obviously MJ was an addict of an epic scale, Murray was a money hungry gutless human being. Put the two together and you get what you got, DISASTER.

Dr.Conrad Murray

We will see you all in a couple of months,
this will give me time to work on my book.

Best Regards
Dr.Conrad Robert Murray.

Mack Fly

I'm an African American, and I grew up on the jackson 5 and mike's solo career. But the ***** was on dope and if you die gettin high thats yo bad, his family actin all square and **** but in the black community we know better than to believe that his fam bam didn't know he was on drugs. Thats what he gets for ****in with them white people drugs anyway!

Pegasus

Dr. Conrad Murray Hoping To Be Home For ChristmasDr. Conrad Murray Hoping To Be Home For Christmas
Posted on Nov 30, 2011 @ 12:30PM print it send it By Jen Heger - Radar Legal Editor

Dr. Conrad Murray could be released on house arrest by Christmas, to serve the remainder of his jail sentence for his role in the death of Michael Jackson, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting.

Judge Michael Pastor imposed the maximum allowed sentence -- four years in jail -- on Jackson's former doctor on Tuesday, and because of overcrowding in California correctional facilities, Murray wasn't sent to state prison, but to Los Angeles County Jail. The cardiologist's sentence was automatically cut in half, and Murray is eligible for house arrest because he is considered a non-violent felon.

PHOTOS: Key Players In The Trial Of Dr. Conrad Murray

"Dr. Murray's lawyers are actually relieved that Judge Pastor didn't sentence him to community service, they didn't want him doing manual labor at the morgue, like Lindsay Lohan is doing. That would have been an absolute nightmare for him, as he would certainly be mocked, and it wouldn't have been safe for him to be picking up trash on the freeway or cleaning up graffiti,” a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

“Judge Pastor actually did Murray a favor by maxing him out,"

PHOTOS: Michael Jackson Through The Years

The decision to release Dr. Murray on house arrest will personally be approved by Sheriff Lee Baca. "The Sheriff will determine when Dr. Murray will be released on house arrest. Dr. Murray is hoping that he will be released by Christmas. His lawyers have told him that is a real possibility," the insider says.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Deputy District Attorney David Walgren said on The Today Show, "I think he certainly deserves the full weight of the punishment and he certainly deserves the full four years...How much time he actually serves at the end of the day will be up to the sheriff."

Pegasus

This is Totally Off-Topic! But I saw this article on Cats and it was so cute that I wanted to share it with all of the Cat lovers on the board. Hope that you will enjoy it!

..How Can We Get Our Cat to Sleep at Night?
.By vetstreet.com
.Posts .By vetstreet.com | Pets – Mon, Nov 28, 2011 12:03 PM EST
....
EmailPrint.....
By Dr. Marty Becker, vetstreet.com

Q. Our young cat is keeping us up all night. I think he sleeps all day when we're at work, and all night he wants to play. What can we do?

A. Cats have night vision that puts any man-made invention to shame. When you think about that, it's not surprising that a lot of cats, especially young ones, love prowling about in the dark. If you have other plans (such as sleeping) they really don't care. It's showtime at the Cat Cabaret!

The "solution" to this problem used to be to put the cat outside, turn out the lights and go to sleep. But these days we know that remedy isn't the best. Free-roaming cats generally don't live anywhere near as long as indoor cats, because of the hazards of life outside. From cars and coyotes to cat-hating neighbors, there are plenty of dangers for a cat outside. And, of course, there's an argument to be made that these cats cause problems just by doing what comes naturally, including hunting and burying their feces in the neighbors' gardens. Keeping your cat inside is safer for your cat and more considerate of your neighbors.

SEE ALSO: Why Does My Cat... Meow at Me?

When you bring a cat indoors, though, you can't just shut the door on him and call it a day. You have to provide for a cat's physical and mental needs by creating an enriched environment for him. That's the subject of a wonderful new book called Your Home, Their Territory: Creating the Right Habitat for Your Indoor Cats. The author is my friend and colleague Dr. Tony Buffington of The Indoor Pet Initiative at The Ohio State University Veterinary Medical Center.

Since I know that this behavior is common among indoor cats, I asked Dr. Buffington to weigh in with his suggestions for getting a good night's sleep with a cat in the house.

Change meal time. "Feed the cat before you go to bed vs. before you leave in the morning," Dr. Buffington suggests. Because we are all more likely to sleep after a meal (think about the postprandial pause after we push back from the Thanksgiving table!) feeding just before your bedtime will make your cat more likely to snooze, too.

SEE ALSO: 10 Human Foods Dangerous for Pets

Make time for playtime. "Providing play opportunities will help 'wear the cat out' before bed," Dr. Buffington says. If a long day at work leaves you too exhausted to play with Kitty, get a toy that your pet can play with on his own, like the Fling-ama-String, one of my Dr. Becker's Best from the Global Pet Expo. Set it up at the other end of the house and hit the sack!

Widen your cat's world. "I'd suggest they enrich the environment so they're not the only source of the cat's stimulation and activity," Dr. Buffington says. "Add feeding puzzles, window perches with bird feeders outside, cat videos, etc." This keeps your cat busy all day and makes him more likely to sleep all night.

I love these suggestions from Dr. Buffington. Not only will they help you sleep, but they'll also make your cat happier as well. Talk about a win-win!

Pachonette H.

Personally this letter was more about her (the mother), than Murray.. How the hell can she feel Mrs. Jackson' pain for the loss of her son when she's begging only that her son not go to jail? Mrs. Jackson has a stone cold grave to go to, to visit her son.. Furthermore, how the hell can she speak on his remorse, when he showed very little and finally, how the hell can she speak on the suffering of his children when Micheal Jacksons children has a father no more!!! I don't ordinarily disrespect my elders, but to hell with her and this BS letter!! Conrad Murray knew he was doing wrong to begin with and rightly should be facing more than four damned years.. May God have mercy on his soul...

Yvonne Hjertholm

I'm so sad to see americans thirst for revenge & blame, puts a devoted innocent man who did his best to help a deeply tired man from doing something stupid, which M J so obviously did to himself. If it had been anyone else the death cause would've been overdose by none other than himself. American justice seems to be fake & ignorant without logic just to satisfy their thirst for 'blood'. What kind of democracy is that. Thank God I live in Scandinavia. My deepest heartfelt blessings to Dr C Murray May he be protected with abundance of Heavenly light & love

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9